Currently we have around 175 organization members and nearly 700 forum users registered.
This is great for a young organization and I applaud the interest.
For non members who may be considering joining or wondering why they should fork out the cost of a tank of gas to actually belong I would like to post part of an current thread in the members forum.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This sure is a nice looking gun that appears to be priced reasonably for someone that does not care whether or not the gun is a restored original.
In reading the ad text for this gun, nowhere do I read that the gun has been .......................................................................................................................this implies to me that the seller is indicating (perhaps unintentionally) that the stock is original, contrary to the order card info.
This is one very important reason why being a member of AHFCA is such a great advantage to potential collectors and gun buyers - because of quick access to the factory order card information.
I just recently joined as a new yearly member and will be renewing as a Life member next year. I have been a shooter and semi-collector of Fox doubles for 30 years and have learned much new info on these fine guns in the short time I have been a member and following this website - it's great! "
So in short if you are interested join up and get the inside line when others do.
Something for non members
Something for non members
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
-
MARSHFELLOW
- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:07 pm
- Location: Adirondack Mountain foothills
- Has thanked: 130 times
- Been thanked: 190 times
Birdawg,
I certainly agree with you...people with even a passing interest in Fox guns should consider ponying-up for a membership for the plethora of very good information which is regularly exchanged here AND in the newsletter.
700 users and only 175 members??
It kinda reminds me of the NRA scenario.......theres a whole lotta hunters/shooters/collectors who dont belong to the NRA and really should...it's the only damn act in town!!!!...to protect our interest in guns.
Dont always rely on the "other guy"....step-up!
tjw
I certainly agree with you...people with even a passing interest in Fox guns should consider ponying-up for a membership for the plethora of very good information which is regularly exchanged here AND in the newsletter.
700 users and only 175 members??
It kinda reminds me of the NRA scenario.......theres a whole lotta hunters/shooters/collectors who dont belong to the NRA and really should...it's the only damn act in town!!!!...to protect our interest in guns.
Dont always rely on the "other guy"....step-up!
tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
I wholeheartedly agree with the others. I started out being conservative and only doing a one year membership when the group first got started so I could see how thing shaped up. Then when the renewal notice came, there wasn't decision to be made, just a check to be made out for the life membership that I should have done my first year.
I welcome all of those that are sitting on the sidelines and look forward to seeing you over on the members site. Just one factory card check is worth the price of admission!
I welcome all of those that are sitting on the sidelines and look forward to seeing you over on the members site. Just one factory card check is worth the price of admission!
Life Member A.H. Fox Collectors Association Inc.
I would love to join. Give me a way to do it on this site, or via paypal and I'll join in an instant. Downloading an application and sending in a check isn't something I think about during the work day.
People like to join on impulse. Give folks a way to do it.
I'm sure I'll take flak for this, but this is the 21st century. Paying for something electronically is the way to go.
People like to join on impulse. Give folks a way to do it.
I'm sure I'll take flak for this, but this is the 21st century. Paying for something electronically is the way to go.
- Silvers
- Posts: 5176
- Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:28 pm
- Location: Between Phila and Utica
- Has thanked: 1210 times
- Been thanked: 1854 times
Sometimes when on the site I'm reminded of an IP Attorney I know who has a billing rate of $380. per hour. I email or call with a question, we chat a bit, he might do some research, eventually he answers, and a bill shows up at the end of the month for X minutes or hours of consulting.
OK, now I compare with someone who writes in here for advice on a problem, wondering if he's going to get dunked on a Fox he's found, looking for parts or a good restocking source, etc.
Is the ability to tap knowlegable Fox resources worth $25.00 per year? Consider this: it might take the resource 10-30 minutes to check notes, write a reply, take and/or post pics, etc. The resource gives freely and the person with the question gets a gift that might be worth well more than the cost of an annual membership. But..... that's only going to happen for a limited number of times before the resource starts thinking "I'll do most of my answering in the Members Forum".
Bottom line - I strongly encourage anyone with an interest in Fox guns to consider becoming members. I think you'll find the ability to access the Members Forum, and the folks who hang out in it, well worth the investment. Frank Silvers
OK, now I compare with someone who writes in here for advice on a problem, wondering if he's going to get dunked on a Fox he's found, looking for parts or a good restocking source, etc.
Is the ability to tap knowlegable Fox resources worth $25.00 per year? Consider this: it might take the resource 10-30 minutes to check notes, write a reply, take and/or post pics, etc. The resource gives freely and the person with the question gets a gift that might be worth well more than the cost of an annual membership. But..... that's only going to happen for a limited number of times before the resource starts thinking "I'll do most of my answering in the Members Forum".
Bottom line - I strongly encourage anyone with an interest in Fox guns to consider becoming members. I think you'll find the ability to access the Members Forum, and the folks who hang out in it, well worth the investment. Frank Silvers
Last edited by Silvers on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Parker16
I have to agree with all you gentlemen.I joined this year at Hidden Hollow.Although I currently don't own any Fox guns at the moment. In the past I had a couple of Sterlingworths.One in 16 ga. and one in 20ga.Also several years back I had the opportunity to be the caretaker for Fox B grade serial number 111.I think they are a wonderful guns and if I wasn't so deep in my Parker collecting I would certainly be a Fox owner.
In fact I am kinda looking for a pin gun or maybe a skeet and upland gun.
But I have to tell ya the main reason I joined was because the guys I have met in the Fox Collectors group are a great bunch of very knowledgeable guy,s.
The double gun community is a small one and any group that does as great a job as you guy's deserves support. Keep up the good work boys!
Dave....
In fact I am kinda looking for a pin gun or maybe a skeet and upland gun.
But I have to tell ya the main reason I joined was because the guys I have met in the Fox Collectors group are a great bunch of very knowledgeable guy,s.
The double gun community is a small one and any group that does as great a job as you guy's deserves support. Keep up the good work boys!
Dave....