Sterlingworth safety slide version

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Bill Graham

Sterlingworth safety slide version

Post by Bill Graham »

Hello. Have a 1914 Sterlingworth with a broken safety slide. I'll be replacing it, but I could use some guidance on the style.
What came on the gun when I got it looks like the Savage era style, but a 1914 Sterlingworth would precede that era would it not?

Either way, which of the safety slide styles from the Fox Colectors main site would be the correct one for the gun I have? Thanks.
Bill Graham

Re: Sterlingworth safety slide version

Post by Bill Graham »

Found a replacement like the one that broke, so it's a mute point now, however the style doesn't seem right for the age of the gun.
fullchoke16

Post by fullchoke16 »

In the Sterlingworth Co. pictures, the third one down would show the correct style safety. If the gun is less than 90% condition I wouldn't be concerned about which style to replace it with. Personally I prefer the Savage style, but that's just me.
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
Bill Graham

Post by Bill Graham »

fullchoke16 wrote:If the gun is less than 90% condition I wouldn't be concerned about which style to replace it with.
Thank you. It's a lot lower than 90%. Not worrying about it anymore.