What did you add to your NON-FOX collection in 2016?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
ROMAC

What did you add to your NON-FOX collection in 2016?

Post by ROMAC »

I thought I'd throw in my favorite non-Fox of 2016 that I took delivery of recently.

This was a Christmas present to myself a few weeks early. I moved a Savage 99 EG, an Ithaca dedicated slug gun, a Fox Sterlingworth and an SKB 500 down the road to put a dent in the price but I am definitely glad I did.

This is a custom engraved Citori Gran Lightning with Custom shop D5G deep relief engraving by Ron Reimer with Browning grade V/VI satin finish American Black Walnut wood.

It is a 16 gauge and has 28 inch barrels with choke tubes. I like everything about it except the plastic butt plate is kind of cheap. I'll have to take care of that soon, most likely with a leather covered pad.

Last edited by ROMAC on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
OH Osthaus

Re: What did you add to your NON-FOX collection in 2016?

Post by OH Osthaus »

a WW Greener that Graham Greener said was rare if not unique in its configuration

and a some Parkers -
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

All I got this year were a couple of 12-gauge Skeet Guns, a 1953 vintage vent rib Winchester Model 21 and a 1945 vintage solid rib Remington Model 31.
Share the knowledge
spyder

Post by spyder »

I picked up a nice old HJ Hussey Imperial Ejector and a Model 42

Mills

Post by Mills »

Several Parkers including the c. 1890 GH (bottom) and 1928 GH (top) pictured below.

mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

spyder, the Hussey looks to have a diamond shaped wrist? Beautiful gun.

All my buys were trap guns. Beretta 692, Remington 3200, BT-99, Perazzi TMX.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Picked up (for a song) a nice W&C Scott and Son "Excelentia Triplex". Won a Howa 1300 Cerrakote Cryptek in .308 Win,Weatherby Orion 12g :D O/U, a 28g CZ O/U, a 20g Stoeger O/U, a Sig Sauer P238 and 2 other guns that we donated back.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

300 Blackout AR with ATN Thor 3X thermal scope with digital zoom. Not something you would want to see pics of, but a very efficient tool in our ongoing war against wild hogs. We must do all we can to control the hogs, or they will devastate not only our crops but the habit for our game birds. We own the night, with the thermals and Gen 3 NV.

Probably not the kind of reply you expected but hey, you asked. :D

All my best, SRH
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

This is sort of a "shotgun" that I got this year . . . .

This is a Winchester model 61 slide action .22 Rim Fire without a rear sight and no slot for one . . .

Here is the barrel/bore marking . . .

Here is the muzzle end with a bore diameter of about 0.250". Make note of the front sight - a round shotgun type bead.

The above pictured gun is the 2nd variation of the Winchester Model 61 Long Rifle Shot smooth bore with the Winchester type counter bore. Starts out at the breech at .22 RF caliber but halfway down the bore opens up to 0.250". Gun was made in the late 1940's.

For those that are interested, below is the 1st variation of the Model 61 smooth bore. This is the Routledge counter bore. Starts out at the breech at .22 cal but about halfway down, it opens up to 3/8" diameter. Less than 100 were made in the late 1930's. Note the unique loading port and top of receiver is matted. I've had this gun several years.

There is a 3rd and later variation of the model 61 .22 smooth bore but I haven't found one yet. I am looking.

So, sort of a shotgun.

Jolly
AmarilloMike

Post by AmarilloMike »

I put this gun on my credit card today:

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info. ... s_id=42246

I asked the gentlemen to verify that the gun weighed just six pounds. When he weighed it for me today he said he got 5.8 pounds. Then I asked him to verify it was a 12 bore. He got a "12 gauge shell" (I assume he meant snap cap) and it fit.

I'm queer for light guns.

Best,

Mike

Edit: I don't think the link I posted violates the rules as the gun is sold. If it does then I will be happy to delete it.
Never trust a dog to guard your food.
67galaxie

Post by 67galaxie »

A great bernardelli 12 and a French 16
Last edited by 67galaxie on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

I just picked up a L.C. Smith Monogram grade factory 2 barrel set. Beavertail, Hunter One Trigger. It letters as a factory two barrel first barrel is 28 inch second is a 32 inch Long Range. Both are vent rib. Pretty cool gun.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Wow Arcmaster! That sounds like a great gun. A Long Range is on my wish list
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

Yeah pretty neat, If I have some time this weekend, I will post some pictures. Barrels are in outstanding shape as is the rest of the metal. Both forends had multiple breaks at some point and were re-glued along the way which is a bit of a bummer. I am evaluating whether to have them "rebroken" and repaired or leave as is. I would love to know the stories that this gun could tell if it could speak.
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

Yeah pretty neat, If I have some time this weekend, I will post some pictures. Barrels are in outstanding shape as is the rest of the metal. Both forends had multiple breaks at some point and were re-glued along the way which is a bit of a bummer. I am evaluating whether to have them "rebroken" and repaired or leave as is. I would love to know the stories that this gun could tell if it could speak.