Fox prices strong at small upstate NY auction

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
fox-admin
Site Admin

Fox prices strong at small upstate NY auction

Post by fox-admin »

Cottone auction in Geneseo NY offered two Foxes today at a small antique auction. Both guns were connected to the Roycrofters community in Amhert NY. Anyhow the first gun was a very nice C grade 12ga 30" bblsthat sold for $7187. The second gun was a nice later CE 16ga in very nice condition 26" bbls that sold for $12362. Very strong prices in my opinion.
Researcher

Re: Fox prices strong at small upstate NY auction

Post by Researcher »

Wow and wow!!
Share the knowledge
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

That seems amazing. Neither one of those guns appeared to have great condition and hence I thought they would go much cheaper then what the hammer price was. Parker used to be the most collectable guns in mid-high grades, but Fox appears to have easily caught up.
mhead

Post by mhead »

They are nice guns. My close friend which collects small bore parkers gets bored occasionally and buys foxes. They will be traveling south soon and i personally cant wait to hold them. Good guns are getting harder to find. Life is short sign the check.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Cell pic at the Southern SxS .....

fullchoke16

Post by fullchoke16 »

That's great Frank. PA gun collectors had a show locally today and the Sterlingworth prices were astronomical.
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
mhead

Post by mhead »

That's the sign . Couldn't remember if it was write or sign the check. You always see great stuff at the southern even signs. Thanks Frank.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Good signs. There was one in the gun room at the Denver Bass Pro that said, "Your wife called and said you can buy anything you want."
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Just my thoughts, but the prices on those two Fox C grades were way too high!! Time to buy more Crescent Arms hammer guns. 8)
mhead

Post by mhead »

Guns arrived and wow. Twice as nice in hand as in the pictures. The twelve is very nice but the sixteen is unbelievable. Well worth the high price as noted and then some. Glad the other people stopped bidding. They have a wonderful new home.
DSizemore

Post by DSizemore »

That doesn't surprise me to hear you say they're lovely guns. I certainly thought so from the pictures the auction sent me. And as for "too high"... what does that mean? Perhaps too high for an individual's preference, but certainly not too high in general. How do we set "too high" for a nice CE 16? I walk away scratchin my head every time I hear or read that. Congratulations!
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

I am so happy the buyer is happy. I am always a little bit nuts until a auction gun arrives. I believe both guns are connected to the Roycrofters of Amherst NY. As Dave said it is all relative in terms of pricing. Personally that was a hefty sum for a 16ga CE since I am not a small bore guy---now if it were a similar condition super fox the sky's the limit :D
loggy

Post by loggy »

....or if it was tied to Becker
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Those are certainly two nice ones to add to the cabinet as they say. Hope you enjoy them both and take them out often.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

While $12K is certainly a lot of dollar bills I don't think that is out of the realm of realistic if the guns were as nice as Fox Admin states it was. I have seen 20 & 16 ga CE's that were decent but not spectacular priced at that level and above. Glad to see small bore Foxes are holding that kind of money!!
Regards - Foxnut