Kautsky trigger

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
jim garrett

Kautsky trigger

Post by jim garrett »

A acquired a restocked 16 gauge with a single trigger which I assume is a Kautsky and it will not fire the right barrel. I have tried everything I know to detect the problem but to no avail. Does anyone have a recommendation as to a Kautsky mechanic?
SmithShady

Re: Kautsky trigger

Post by SmithShady »

Hi Jim,

I don't have a recommendation that has worked on a Kautsky for me before, but I do know that you don't want to send it to just anyone, as they are fickle things to work on. I seem to remember someone recommending Dewey Vicknair for such work. You could call him and see if he's taking on new work.

Mike
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
Researcher

Re: Kautsky trigger

Post by Researcher »

You might try Larry at http://dutchmanwoodworks.com/

He has built new Fox-Kautzky Single Selective Triggers --

Share the knowledge