New "A" Grade

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Jeff S

New "A" Grade

Post by Jeff S »

For several years I have owned a couple of Sterlingworths and I just love them. However, lately I've been longing to own a "graded" Fox. A couple of weeks ago, while I was on my lunch break, I stopped by a local gun shop. The owner, Brad Bachelder, placed a 1924 Fox A grade into my hands. Needless to say, a few days later I took it home. It's not a show piece, but it looks great and I think I've fondled it every day since I bought it. Now I need to learn how to break clay pigeons with it. Can one of you experience member tell me how to insert pictures into a posting?
Brian

Re: New "A" Grade

Post by Brian »

good for you.
a new Fox is always a special event. what gauge?
photos?
Brian
LTC, IN, USAR
Back in the land of the big PX
Life Member A.H. Fox Gun Collectors Assoc
President For Life- Southwest Asia Chapter AHFGCA
Big Friend Ten

Post by Big Friend Ten »

Hey Jeff!

Does your new A Grade have a straight grip? If so I've handled that Fox at Brads. It is a nice gun!

Mark
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Congratulations on your new Fox. My first graded Fox was an A grade, too. And a straight grip.

To post pictures: First upload your pictures into a hosting account. I use photobucket.com to do this. Start your post on here, or any other site, then open a new tab. Go to photobucket and click on the picture you want to post here. When the big image of it comes up in your screen there will be several "addresses" in a box to the right of the picture. Click on the bottom one. This is the URL address, and it will have IMG to the left of it. It will fade away and briefly say "copied". Now, go back to your other tab, where you began your post, put your cursor where you want the picture, and paste it there. On a Mac you will hold down "command", then hit "c" to copy. Then, hold down "command", and hit "v" to paste. The long address for the picture will appear on your post, but when you preview it you will see the picture itself.

Enjoy the A.

SRH
Last edited by Stan Hillis on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Nice to hear back from so many Fox owners. In response to "Big Friend Ten", yes this is the straight grip 12 ga. that Brad had at his shop. Apparently somewhere in it's history, someone cut off the pistol grip. I don't know why anyone would do that, but I guess we all have our personal preferences. To me this simply means that it's a "non original" gun and I won't feel quite so bad crashing through the brush with it. Thanks to Stan Hillis for giving me instructions on how to attach pictures. I look forward to interacting with the "Fox Forum" and hopefully I'll be able to send pictures of dead birds next fall.

Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Congrats! My 16ga A grade is from the same year as yours. Enjoy!!
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

12g A Grade was my first graded Fox too. You'll have fun with it.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

You're most welcome, Jeff. Good job on the pics. Nice gun.

SRH
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Show us some pictures of this "grip"!! Your production card will bring a surprise.
Share the knowledge
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Hey "Researcher" you are one sharp guy. Yesterday I received my free "card" from Mike K. and I couldn't believe my eyes. My A grade had been changed from a "half pistol grip" to a straight grip at the factory. On the card someone had scratched out the "half" and wrote "straight" over it. I don't have my camera with me so I'll have to send a picture of the grip some other time. This discovery really made me happy because I suddenly own an A grade that is still in it's original state. :D
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

In collecting these old guns knowledge is most important. A straight grip A is VERY rare gun congratulations and welcome to the AHFCA. Craig
OH Osthaus

Post by OH Osthaus »

Bachelder's is your a local gun shop??

nice neighborhood :D
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
WPGRIFFON

Post by WPGRIFFON »

Jeff

What a nice gun, congratulations, like to see some more pictures.

WPGRIFFON
wannagohunting

Post by wannagohunting »

Free Card from Mike K ?
Please elaborate.
Thank you.
'AIN'T MUCH A MAN CAIN'T FIX WITH SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A THIRTY OUGHT SIX'
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

We get one free card lookup a year. Mike is a new director and has access to the records now, too.

SRH