A Grade 16

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
2lo8s

A Grade 16

Post by 2lo8s »

I don't know much but I know what I like.
I welcome your comments.
Thank you.

Twice Barrel

Re: A Grade 16

Post by Twice Barrel »

Very nice A grade in excellent condition with a least two special order features (Skeet style Beaver Tail forend and straight hand grip). Does it have ejectors, what is the barrel length and what is the serial number?
2lo8s

Post by 2lo8s »

3034XX
Barrels say Philly. 28" F/M, Extractor.
Twice Barrel

Post by Twice Barrel »

Sweet gun. My 16 gauge AE is serial numbered with 100 numbers of yours and also has the Beaver Tail forend and Kautzky single trigger in skeet configuration with the more common semi pistol grip. It will has gone into semi retirement since I picked up a 16 gauge A grade with double triggers, splinter forend and extractors which I much prefer for hunting.
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Great looking gun. Straight grip & a beavertail, two of my favorites.

Interesting that the barrels are marked Philly as that SN would put it about mid-30's production and that style of beavertail is Utica era.

tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

My 16-gauge, A-Grade, with straight grip with monogramed trigger guard and beavertail forearm --

is in the 3020xx serial number range and its CHROMOX FLUID COMPRESSED STEEL 30-inch barrels are marked SAVAGE ARMS CORP, UTICA, N.Y.U.S.A. It letters as being shipped in 1933.
Share the knowledge
hayslope

Post by hayslope »

I've always admired that gun on Tony G's web site. Enjoy!!
2lo8s

Post by 2lo8s »

I would imagine only it's price has kept it from selling.
I'm guessing about a 25% premium due to it's unfired condition.
What do you think?

Can you make out the left barrel stamping?
Phila PA ?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Is that the one Tony G had?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
2lo8s

Post by 2lo8s »

hayslope wrote:I've always admired that gun on Tony G's web site. Enjoy!!
Has. Present tense.
Know anything about it?
Twice Barrel

Post by Twice Barrel »

So I assume that this is not your gun. Am I correct?
Scott

Post by Scott »

I looked at this gun Tony had it at the NE Side by Side a few weeks ago. I did not take it down, however as I was not a buyer at the price. It looks very nice. I like the straight grip and Beavertail!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
mhead

Post by mhead »

Does Tony still have this gun. I have some info on the originality /unfired conditions. Im pretty sure vintage firearms owned it before Tony. and a man i know before sold it at the southern some years back. I had a chance to buy at Greensboro gun show before it was sold at the southern . Be careul potential buyers.