Pics of my "A" Fox

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Dalgo

Pics of my "A" Fox

Post by Dalgo »

Here are my first attempts at inserting pictures of my new Fox:

I will try to take some better pics soon, hopefully with some game. Thanks for viewing

Pierre
A fox is more a fox from experience, than because it is a fox.
OH Osthaus

Re: Pics of my "A" Fox

Post by OH Osthaus »

Vey nice clean gun, it doesn't look to have been messed with, the screws shown are in good shape.

Nice
"If there is a heaven it must have thinning aspen gold, and flighting woodcock, and a bird dog" GBE
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Welcome. Very nice A-Grade. That is the way we like to find them!!
Share the knowledge
Scott

Post by Scott »

That is the way I like to find them!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Welcome aboard......ya done good.

tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

A beauty! Because I tend to favor guns that I might someday actually have a chance to own, A grades are my favorite, and that's a sweetie. Enjoy it!
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Thanks guys!. As I mentioned in my previous post ("you pushed me over the edge"), I saw this beauty while on an entire different mission, that of helping a friend get his Remington 1100 20ga action unstuck (I dislike autos!). There it was, this Foxy lady, quietly reposed on a couple of pegs on the gunstore wall, just softly calling for me to hold her. After playing with her, and later reading your posts on this site, I came to a quick conclusion that I had to have this Fox! Almost lost her to a gun show in Philadelphia the following weekend, but I suppose I was meant to have her, for she came back to me. I had a bit of a tumble on leaving the gun store. Ended up with a cracked rib. I think it was her way of paying me back for leaving her, and not taking her immediately. I did explain to her that I really didn't fully comprehend what she was, but that you "sick" members educated me quickly. I think she forgave me because last weekend she rewarded me with excellent performance (much better than I am normally capable of) in shooting some clays. She wasn't too happy with my shooting WW AA handicap trap loads. A bit stout, I think. But she did me good. Me thinks I have a friend for life. Sure feels good. And, I thank you guys for your various posts and the help you continually provide us neophites that stumble upon these gems, and ultimately become as sick as you! What a lovely disease. Again, I appreciate what you have written over time that provided me with an insight to a fascinating gun. Dare I say cult? What bothers me is that I constantly wonder who originally bought her, and what adventures she has been through. Whoever had her thought enough of her to treat her well, and in the end, allow me to have a pretty pristine gun. This Fox was well cared for, and is very tight. I think I have a prize/companion for life. Ah, serendipity.
David D

Post by David D »

She looks like a real catch ... Enjoy your Fox!
I love all of my SxS's, especially my Grade A Fox made in Utica NY
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Thanks David D. Today she goes for a ride to Dan Rossiter's, for a once over, pattern, and fitting. I am taking light 1 oz.7 1/2 loads for patterning, the lightest I could find in the Scranton area. He wanted me to bring 7/8 oz. loads, but haven't been able to get any around here. RST probably has them, but I won't have time to pick any up, unless I make a side trip on the way up to Athens. I'm also taking my O/U for him to look at, and see what needs to be done to make it look more "classic." Will post his recommendations on the Foxy lady.

Pierre
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Pierre, send me a PM if you want to shoot your Fox at a local sporting club (Rock Mountain or Factoryville) with another Fox guy. Might be tough to set up over the next month or so what with hunting, but we have a long winter coming up. Just so you know, RST doesn't have a store front per se and except for sales at SxS events like the NE Classic, Vintage Cup, Southern, etc .... they ship to most customers. Please say hello to Danny for me. Silvers
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Silvers, I am just reading your post now. Sorry! I left the house early, and just returned. I will say hi to him, as I will be talking with him shortly. Left my gun with him.Wants to adjust the drop and cast a little, file down the pins slightly, fix the muzzle where I messed it up a bit from my fall (not bad just make it perfect), and fix the weak forearm spring. LOP is good. Asked him if he should install a recoil pad, and he gave a look like I had just asked him to take out my beautiful voluptious neihbor's husband. I said never mind. He did say that being that it did have #2 barrels, they could take the high pressure loads, but then proceded to give me a lesson on the virtues of low pressure loads. Made complete sense. BTW, Silvers, thanks for the heads up on RST loads. I will contact them, and see if I can stop by and pick up my order. Dan said Falcon loads were good, and I need to pick up some boxes of pheasant loads. Looking forward to totally becoming at "one" with this Foxy Lady. A venture out to either Factoryville or Rock Mountain sounds real good. I will PM you and see what arrangements we can make to shoot together. Dan said he can most likely get the gun back to me around Nov. 10th. The following weekend I am taking the Fox to Martz's in Dalmatia for some pheasants, but will be able to go after that. Lookin forward to it. Not the best shot in the world, but I sure do like it. Thanks for the invite!! Definitely will do it.

Pierre
Last edited by Dalgo on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

BTW, y'all, Dan Rossiter is a super guy to deal with. Saw some neat goodies he's working on, especially a super cool custom Sterly. The scalopping is beautiful, and the wood that puppy is going to wear is superb. My next project? Oh, I feel I'm getting sick. But in a 16 or a 20, light and balanced,.... I can see me losing sleep over this. What a shop Dan has! What a talent! I am ruined. This gun is gorgeous - in the white and unfinished! Man, did it focus me on what I want next!
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Silvers, I just "PM"ed you. Don't know if I did it correctly.

Pierre
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Yep I got your messages and replied. Silvers
blindduck2

Post by blindduck2 »

wow, what a nice A grade. Great engraving.