Fox Gunsmiths in the Memphis Area

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
DGKaas

Fox Gunsmiths in the Memphis Area

Post by DGKaas »

I have some friends in the Memphis area that are Fox owners. They need some service done on a couple of them. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Memphis/Northern Miss. area familiar with old doubles? Thanks, Don :?
Hayden

Re: Fox Gunsmiths in the Memphis Area

Post by Hayden »

Don, You might try Keith Warner located inside Tommy Bronson Sporting Goods, 109 S. Highland, Memphis. Phone number 901-458-5458. I understand Keith does very good mechanical work on American & English doubles. This may be a long shot but I have also heard that Mr. H. L. Highsmith still does some gunsmithing work in Memphis. Keith is a friend of Mr. Highsmith and probably would have more information. Hope this helps.
DGKaas

Post by DGKaas »

Thanks, Hayden. I'll pass the information down to Beaver Dam. Mr. Highsmith (mentioned in Nash Buckingham's article "Are We All Shooting 8 Gauge Guns" as a young man wielding a Purdey 10g hammergun at the range) must be getting along in years.
sinned

Post by sinned »

Try Ken Owen in Moscow, TN, He builds and only works on doubles. 901-877-6853, he's a great guy and resonable. Dennis
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

A more recent article than the Buckingham article "Are We Shooting Eight Gauge Guns?" mentions Mr. Highsmith. Check the latest Double Gun Journal Index for a possible connection to Mr. Highsmith.
jim mayer

Post by jim mayer »

Keneversull Boyce,La-James Flynn Alexandria,La; one of my favorites as he does not travel due to age Bill Gillette big ridgegunsmiths does it all fast& reasonable. Feelands in Houston to Bend Stocks. for wood refinishing always Pete Underwood 2252935180 ask for Jim Mayer Baton Rouge Collector Dealer I will save Ansley Fox members 20% as a curtesy Pete makes screws;extends stocks with wood,blues & services. He has done over 50 for my retail sales. He works for another dealer& for me on his own time,I add no charges to his discounted price. I get rewarded by seeing others prizes. Highsmith has worked on my Purdeys since late 1950s.