B Grade #402

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
DGKaas

B Grade #402

Post by DGKaas »

I took the long way home from a visit to my stockers this morning to pick up a Parker (sorry!) DH 20g 0 frame damascus gun I had re-stocked. He was working on my new HE when Harry the Cocker and I got there. I stopped at Cabela's and came across A.H. Gun Co. #402. A B grade in worn but solid condition with a fine set of 30" Krupp barrels. Underneath each of the tubes is stamped in the usual script "FLUID STEEL KRUPP ESSEN" under that "HEAVYWEIGHT BARRELS". Very reasonably priced so why not? I took it home. It is always nice to see these early guns. Sometimes a stop at the Big C is worthwhile :wink:
Big Friend Ten

Re: B Grade #402

Post by Big Friend Ten »

Don,

Good for you, sometimes we all get lucky!

Toward this, a couple weeks ago I bagged my 2nd HE off Gun Broker for a very reasonable price. :D Surprising it had been on auction with a Buy it Now price for an entire 3 hours 20 minutes.

Futher, a couple months ago I picked up a Lefever F Grade 32" from a rather famous Michigan fowler that rumor has it you had restocked. Another buy at a very reasonable price. And Don, thank you for the splendid re-stock. The stock work was so good that I sent the gun to Bachelder's to restore the action and barrels!

Mark
Last edited by Big Friend Ten on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Researcher

Re: B Grade #402

Post by Researcher »

Good work Don! A decade or so ago serial number 8, a B-grade with the Krupp heavy weight barrels was at the Maryland Arms Collectors Association gun show. Murphy and I both himmed and hawed about it and neither of us got it!! Treat us to some pictures when you get a chance.
Share the knowledge