Trigger Plate Screw Spring & Tang Screw?

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Witty1

Trigger Plate Screw Spring & Tang Screw?

Post by Witty1 »

Hi Fox Guys,
I'm restocking a 20 ga STW shooter that had a broken (badly busted) stock, with a non original used stock. Following Mike Campbell's instructions everything has workout fine. But the trip spring (Trigger Plate Screw Spring) I removed was bent and compared to my other foxes it really doesn't look correct, longer and weaker. So it must have be messed with before. Looking at Galazan's website they have 9 different springs?
http://www.csmcspecials.com/SearchResul ... Search.y=0
Which is correct?
Also has anyone bought the Fox Screws? I need to trim 42 Rear Tang Screw it's long on the new stock, the stock must be thinner in the wrist, and I don't want to cut the original screw. (see picture)
http://www.csmcspecials.com/A_H_Fox_Act ... /ps010.htm
Found an old Hawkins pad, and a Fox Grip Cap I have to get to yet, it's kind of fun when things go right.
Thanks, and Best Regards,
Witty1
deweyvicknair

Re: Trigger Plate Screw Spring & Tang Screw?

Post by deweyvicknair »

Most of the springs on Galazan's web page are not even for a Fox. PM or email me with your name and address and I'll send you one.

Dewey

www.vicknairrestorations.com
Witty1

Re: Trigger Plate Screw Spring & Tang Screw?

Post by Witty1 »

Hi Dewey,

Thanks for the reply, if anyone would know you would. I'll send you a PM. Also I still have some work for you.
Best Regards,
Witty1