SPE 20 ga Casehardened ???

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
1straightshot

SPE 20 ga Casehardened ???

Post by 1straightshot »

http://www.gunsinternational.com/AH-Fox ... 236FF105F9

I thought they where blued to save cost. I also never saw a caseharded Fox trigger guard.
Factory or ??????
DGKaas

Post by DGKaas »

They sure look like Savage cyanide case colors. (they remind me of my very first shotgun, a Savage 16g 220b :shock:) Dave Noreen would have an informed opinion but towards the end in Utica and Chicopee Falls I suspect anything was possible....
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

1SS,

Well it's not possible to give a real conclusive opinion looking at photos but the darn gun looks "factory" to me. I've seen some SP grade guns that were obviously wrong with CC but this may truly be a case hardened example from Utica. Ultra-rare gun if it is!!!...and then the Kautzky and BT are nicer yet.
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

Why not ask for the serial # and then request a card check from our leaders? Might answer a lot of questions.

Mike
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

I like living on the edge!!!!!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
1straightshot

Post by 1straightshot »

I won't bother the dealer since I spent enough money last month. I'll have to pass on this one.
I just thought it would be a real oddity to bring up on the forum.