Hunting Plans Was Beaver Dam Hunting dates

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
birdawg

Hunting Plans Was Beaver Dam Hunting dates

Post by birdawg »

Silvers wrote:I am the Events Coordinator for the AHFCA and will watch this thread to check member interest at Beaver Dam or other good hunting venues for next year.

From time to time Fox members have talked about pheasant hunts in the Dakotas, waterfowling at some other neat places, grouse hunts in the northeast and the U.P., and mixed specie hunts in the Canada prairie provinces.

If anyone has a genuine interest and can lead up the charge for a hunting venue you are familiar with, please post your ideas here so others can chime in. The AHFCA will monitor and gauge interest in future Fox Association sponsored hunting events. Thank you. Frank
I just thought I would drag up this old thread and see if there was any interest in Franks comments.
Although I couldn't make the on Frank suggested I for one would be interested in a "classic " type waterfowl Location or an upland hunt with a few fox nuts.
Jess

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I checked with Mike as noted in a earlier post and there are openings for 3 or possibly 4 Duck hunters on the weekend of Jan 24 & 25th.
If anyone is interested contact me by PM or mike directly at the email address in the contact info of his site.
http://www.beaverdamducks.com

It looks like a great chance to relive a piece of waterfowl hunting history.

It should be noted that this is in no way authorized by or the responsibility of the A.H. Fox Collectors Association, myself or anyone associated with this forum.
Last edited by birdawg on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

I was thinking we could set up an offically sponsored hunt by the Fox Collectors Association at Bever Dam for next year. Does anyone know how many hunters Mr. Boyd can take at one time? What do you think Craig? Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

I am the Events Coordinator for the AHFCA and will watch this thread to check member interest at Beaver Dam or other good hunting venues for next year.

From time to time Fox members have talked about pheasant hunts in the Dakotas, waterfowling at some other neat places, grouse hunts in the northeast and the U.P., and mixed specie hunts in the Canada prairie provinces.

If anyone has a genuine interest and can lead up the charge for a hunting venue you are familiar with, please post your ideas here so others can chime in. The AHFCA will monitor and gauge interest in future Fox Association sponsored hunting events. Thank you. Frank
Last edited by Silvers on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGKaas

Post by DGKaas »

Mike can take 3 or maybe 4 hunters per day on Beaver Dam, period. He only hunts from 1 blind per day. As I said, it really is not a spot for a general get together. Also hunting on all of Beaver Dam is morning only.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

I don't think morning only hunting is a problem. His web site mentions field hunting also. If he could take hunters and hunt both a field and Bever Dam lake at the same time, he could probably take 8 hunters. Four hunting the lake and the field and then alternating locations the next day. Eight would be a nice group of members.

My other waterfowling interests would be:
1) A timber hunt in Arkansas for mallards
2) A marsh hunt at Delta marsh for canvasbacks
3) A northeastern US marsh hunt for blackducks
4) An eastern hunt for brant.

Jim
mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

If anyone is interested I am offering an added bonus of deer hunting. My camp is about 1 1/2 hrs from beaver dam. This would be the late primitive weapons season and you could use a muzzleloader, H & R handi rifle in 45-70, or TC encore in 35 whelen. Afternoons are best at my camp and I can lodge 3-4 guys. Nothing fancy but we do have indoor plumbing and plenty of deer.
Habib
Harem Master
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Where are all the waterfowl hunting members of the AHFCA? Post up your interests in a member hunt.
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

It doesn't look like there is any interest in this at this time. Since Mike was good enough to hold these dates for a couple of days during his busy booking time I will let him know he can book the dates to other clients.
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

Silvers wrote:I am the Events Coordinator for the AHFCA and will watch this thread to check member interest at Beaver Dam or other good hunting venues for next year.

I just thought I would drag up this old thread and see if there was any interest in Franks comments.
Although I couldn't make the on Frank suggested I for one would be interested in a "classic " type waterfowl Location or an upland hunt with a few fox nuts.
Jess
mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

Beaver Dam is just 2 1/2 hrs north of me. Any interest in a gathering of Fox members there? I would be willing to coordinate this and can also arrange some close by deer hunting for those interested. A late January hunt will require a muzzleloader for deer. I could arrange loaner guns if you don't wish to bring yours. Where I deer hunt is as close to a guarantee for some meat as you could want. But, what you shoot, you have to clean.

Come on down guys. I need some help thinning the ducks & the deer herd.

Mike
Jim Cloninger

Beaver Dam

Post by Jim Cloninger »

I am still interested in hunting ducks at Beaver Dam. Jim
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

I know other members have "boots on the ground" knowledge I seem to remember in My discussions with Mike at Beaver Dam last year Late November - early December is a better time frame than later.
Depending on the dates we could get I would tentatively be in.

It could make a great photo essay and story for the newsletter and others.
Jess
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Don Kaas is the expert on Bever Dam as he hunts there every year. He would know the best time to be there if you disregard the influence that the weather makes. Late December would be my preference. Jim
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

I would be interested in the hunt at Beaver Dam. My HE has hunted ducks on the Cache River close by Trapper's Island, an old haunt of Nash's. I consulted it just now and it allowed as how it would very much like to nail down a limit at Beaver Dam someday.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Jess, it looks like we have 4 people interested in a hunt at Beaver Dam. Lets go for it. Can you communicate with Mr. Boyd for available time slots and the cost per hunter? Jim