LC Smith Case Colors

Use this forum to discuss other vintage guns
Post Reply
User avatar
Silvers
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Between Phila and Utica
Has thanked: 1197 times
Been thanked: 1839 times

LC Smith Case Colors

Post by Silvers »

There's a current thread in the regular forum showing case colors on two Fox A Grades. This L C Smith doesn't fit there, but here for comparison are the case colors on a 12-gauge Smith Ideal Grade. LCS sure did a nice job on the colors = 99 years old and counting. 32-incher with F&F chokes, buttplate gun with really nice wood. I'll have her at the Northeast SxS in June.

frank
IMG_2389.jpg
IMG_2393.jpg
Aan
User avatar
Jeff S
Site Admin
Posts: 3785
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Has thanked: 2828 times
Been thanked: 1708 times

Re: LC Smith Case Colors

Post by Jeff S »

Another beautiful gun. Sometimes when I'm daydreaming, I wonder just how big is Frank's gun cabinet? :)
Shoot vintage firearms, relax, and have fun.
Jim Cloninger
Posts: 1570
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: West
Has thanked: 794 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: LC Smith Case Colors

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Now, those are beautiful case colors! Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Stan Hillis
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:31 pm
Location: Jawja
Has thanked: 877 times
Been thanked: 1000 times

Re: LC Smith Case Colors

Post by Stan Hillis »

That's a beauty, Frank, and with such great surviving case colors. That's one of the things that makes these guns so interesting. Each gun, though maybe of the same grade and the same time period, exhibits unique characteristics that sets it apart. Just like fingerprints, where no two are exactly alike. I just love and appreciate the subtle diversity, even within brands and grades.

SRH
Post Reply