New A.H. Fox by Galazan

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
FoxintheHenHouse

New A.H. Fox by Galazan

Post by FoxintheHenHouse »

I'm sure some of the "modern" Fox lovers will be flocking to get their order in for the new A.H. Fox by Galazan (Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company).

FoxintheHenHouse
vaturkey

Re: New A.H. Fox by Galazan

Post by vaturkey »

Deleted.
Last edited by vaturkey on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

I would be afraid to touch the frame! Bobby :D
fullchoke16

Post by fullchoke16 »

It's definitely not for everybody. Someone who marches to the beat of a different drummer might like it.
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
SXS ohio

Post by SXS ohio »

I like the concept but its over done for a working mans taste.....Not a gun that would get used. Looks like a gun fit for a king. I am happy to hear that CSMC is alive and well, they really do a fine job making the A.H. Fox shotgun. Anyone who wants a gun made just for them will not be disappointed!! Lou is a great guy to deal with and will pay a fair price for quality trade ins. That is what made it possible for me to get mine made. I am very happy and use my gun that was made for me.
Attachments
Pictures the day it arrived....(-:
Pictures the day it arrived....(-:
CSMC XE-SPL-16 set  11-05-15 020.JPG
CSMC XE-SPL-16 set  11-05-15 019.JPG
CSMC XE-SPL-16 set  11-05-15 025.JPG
DSizemore

Post by DSizemore »

Kenny... Did you personally pick that blank? I really like it!
2lo8s

Post by 2lo8s »

I've got one in the pipeline (and couldn't agree more re Lou).
Speaking of blanks...

JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

Last edited by JasonPeck on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

That Exhibition Grade Fox would look stunning breaking clays. Choked LM/IM and we have a winner. 8)
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Here's a New Britain XE 20 bore. Made to use.
IMG_6611-1.jpg
rhpierce

Post by rhpierce »

I can understand why they aren't making the HE...

The duck hunting world has moved to synthetic stocks and choke tubes. Many of the duck hunters I know down here are willing to spend $10,000 plus on a boat, hundreds/thousands on decoys, have a decent truck, but shoot "whatever" in terms of guns and shells. They don't really have the desire to try and load ITX or shoot Bismuth...easier to go buy a case or two of steel at the beginning of the season and be done.

By the time you look at the barrels and receiver to make a heavy 12, then think it would be most likely a CE/HE or XE/HE combination to truly be a "using" gun...more than a new truck, and a market more limited than the one they market to with the new Fox now.

It is a fun exercise to consider ordering a 16-gauge XE, upgraded wood, long barrels, extra set of barrels for clays, etc., but when I ponder that I could buy two older Foxes (or more) for the price, I really have to think about it.
SXS ohio

Post by SXS ohio »

Hey Silvers...that's a real nice picture, shows the gun and bird in vivid colors...My pictures suck normally...SXS Ohio
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

Gents;

I hear the whole range of critique on Mr. Galazan and CSMC on this and many other websites. I find it interesting that we as a group would criticize the ONE person in the country who is innovating and making double guns available to the buying public in the good old USA. Who else is innovating or even building like CSMC? I have had nothing but good service from the crew in New Britain! If you go and visit the showroom you will be impressed by the service as well as the selection which is world class!!

Lets support the innovators and inventors!!

Thanks
Mike
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Edited out quoted post by fox-admin.

Anyone watching the store here? From the Rules for this forum ..... Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included.

Please note that I have altered the code in the link so that I'm not doing the same thing myself, in the quote from Henhouse.
FoxintheHenHouse

Post by FoxintheHenHouse »

Rule maybe bent, but I don't think broken ?? Actually, it is not a direct link to a "for sale" shotgun, just a spoof about what Galazan is creating. I put it here rather than "members only" so all could see it.

FoxintheHenHouse