AHFCA events at Hausmann's!!

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Mike of the Mountain

AHFCA events at Hausmann's!!

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Guys and gals, one month and counting until AHFCA is once again holding our annual Bo-Whoop/Letterman Cup event and the new Fox-Lefever Challenge at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow's Northeast SxS Classic!! Stay tuned as we will have info and rules posted here. Dust off those Fox guns and practice up, there is BLING and bragging rights on the line!!
kgb

Re: AHFCA events at Hausmann's!!

Post by kgb »

What will constitute the challenge event? Long-range "duck" targets, 30+ yard 5-stand shooting, Skeet and/or Trap? Don't think I've seen the details, can you point me to them?
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern
Mike of the Mountain

Haven't been posted for 2016 yet but will be basically the same as the past 5 years. Must shoot the 12 gauge prelim (50 targets). We take the top 5 Fox and top 5 Lefever scores and the shoot-off on the 5-Stand (that shoot-off is new for 2016) and the high team wins the Challenge. More info to follow late this week.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

I know it's still 4 weeks away, but I'm curious, how many members are planning on attending this year's event at Hausmann's?
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

Only the "cool" kids!!!! :D :lol: :mrgreen:
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

Mike of the Mountain wrote:Haven't been posted for 2016 yet but will be basically the same as the past 5 years. Must shoot the 12 gauge prelim (50 targets). We take the top 5 Fox and top 5 Lefever scores and the shoot-off on the 5-Stand (that shoot-off is new for 2016) and the high team wins the Challenge. More info to follow late this week.
What if all you have to shoot is a 16ga? Would those scores still count even though it says 12ga prelim event? Just curious, I have a 12ga I could shoot but I've shot my 16 far more, as in I've never shot the 12. Just wondering how that would work. Thanks. Jim
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Jim;
You can shoot any gauge of Fox in the 12ga. prelim. Shoot the gun you shoot best and above all have fun. It's a great event. Good luck.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

DarylC wrote:Jim;
You can shoot any gauge of Fox in the 12ga. prelim. Shoot the gun you shoot best and above all have fun. It's a great event. Good luck.
Alright, thanks for the info Daryl, it's appreciated. Next question, is there a registration form or event/price list floating out there anywhere? I haven't seen anything and this would be my first trip to the event so just curious what all is happening. Thanks. Jim
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

I've been a shooter at the Northeast Side by Side since it's inception 14 years ago and am just posting this from memory. Just to clarify for new folks ..... Ernie Hausmann owns Hidden Hollow (HH) that hosts the Northeast Side by Side.

There isn't a pre-signup for any of the HH events at the Northeast. Shooting menu is posted there at the event and everyone mix and matches what they want to shoot. The HH list includes gauge-specific sporting clays course shooting on woods/fields/water along with specialties in past years like 5-stand, Mad Jack, flurry, etc. Pricing has been nominal Imo but I don't remember the breakdowns. The RST shotshell plant is nearby and the company has had a tent there with cash & carry pricing that will save shipping expense. Please note, I don't know specifically what will be offered this year as I'm not connected with HH or RST in any capacity. This is just info from a past participant, but I have to say, I think this is the place to be if you're a Fox guy or gal. Website link is shown here below to include the tent vendors.

http://hhhsc.net/
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Frank Srebro tells it like it is. Great entertainment, no hidden charges, no mandatory up front registation, just great shooting and gun shopping. Bill Murphy
Mike of the Mountain

Jim, for entries to the events you can figure $1/target, plus any fees charged by AHFCA for the BW/WCL Cups and Fox-Lefever Challenge.
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

I talked to my cousin, he lives in PA about an hour from the venue he says. So free place for me to stay, so I just need to sort out the drive and the time off from work. Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. I'm going to make every attempt to get up to this event and do some shooting!!. Hope to see you guys in June!! Jim
Mike of the Mountain

Jim, what town will you be staying in while visiting NEPA??
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

To be honest Mike I'm not sure. I know my cousin used to live in Forksville, but he's moved from there somewhere else. I still have family in Forksville, but I'm not exactly sure where I'll be staying. I'll and ask and let you know though.
CableguyJJS3

Post by CableguyJJS3 »

Ok, apparently he lives in Ulster Township. Google maps says 40 miles from Friendsville, so easy trip for a free room!!