No Links to Guns For Sale in the Open Forum

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
boocoo

No Links to Guns For Sale in the Open Forum

Post by boocoo »

Post Removed
boocoo

Re: No Links to Guns For Sale in the Open Forum

Post by boocoo »

It's a link to a early gun for educational purposes. This site is about learning and info... It's not like the site is swamped with new postings everyday. The gun is interesting and should be shared. If I copy and paste photos would that be O.K. ???
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Share the knowledge
boocoo

Post by boocoo »

The link posted is a display of a wonderful early D grade 12 bore. Thank you for posting link. Does the D grade have the rib inscription that resembles Parker Bros rib inscription ? And can I post pics of the rib about the gun is discussion ?
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Every Philadelphia Arms Co. gun I've ever examined has that rib inscription. Here is the rib from that D-Grade --

There is also a C-Grade "Pigeon Gun" in the link on our home page.

There are a couple of reasons we can't allow guns for sale or links to them on the open forum --

1. The association's status as a 501C3 non-profit educational corporation.

2. The association's insurance.

and 3. Its the rules!!
Share the knowledge
boocoo

Post by boocoo »

It's duly noted and I now do understand about the sale and or reference on posting a link on a for sale item. As far as a rib inscription it's all new to me as I was never had much knowledge about early philly guns. They just never came across my hands.

I'm not going post now because because you supplied us with the wonderful photos on the topic.

But what I asked was can I post pics of it now ??? please take into consideration when I asked this question it was prior to having the knowledge of the rib inscription being on the web site.

So what I asked is can I post a photo of it ??

And being you posted a photo of the same type of rib inscription is now the 2nd gun I have seen with it and while it's still nill I'm much more knowledgeable on the early rib gun inscriptions and the 501C3 is well warranted for this web site and all it has to offer and history on the shotguns we all come to love and enjoy and dream of finding that special Fox gun or info.

Thank you very much.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Yes, you can post a photo, just no mention of it being for sale or link to such. Such things can be posted in the "Members Only Forums."
Share the knowledge