original pad

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
tony williamson

original pad

Post by tony williamson »

Original hawkins pad just sold on ebay for $252...dadgum..! Its a galazans pad for me. Cant help it.
tony williamson

Re: original pad

im tryin to be friendly and talk a little, ya'll feel free to step in and say somethin, good or bad, it dont matter...i see a whole lot of views on the forum in general, and hardly any responses. everybody step up to the plate a little. i chime in places i prob need to keep my mouth shut, but i do it anyway. just sayin. :D
fox shooter

Post by fox shooter »

You mentioned your ejectors on another post and I commented, but you didn't give me an answer. Are you sure It's not something other than your ejector? The springs that push the ejectors are pretty stout and will fire a slightly bent ejector. Are you positive both ejectors are being cocked? I'm missing a guide pin on one of mine, but it works fine. Actually I avoid using the ejectors by not opening the barrels all the way, I don't care for ejectors.
Chris............AZ
tony williamson

Hey chris, yep i checked them real good. Opened real slow and they kick out at the same time. I checked many times. I really think the right ejector is bent in just a little ways. It rubs pretty tight. Both are kicking. I work weekends, four shifts in two days, but monday night i'll work on them and post my results. I appreciate all the help, maybe i can post pics. Btw, i love extractors. I like handling the shells.
terc

Post by terc »

They often sell for a lot less. Especially if I'm selling one. But if someone is spending allot of money for an upgrade or refinishing a gun, $250 bucks is a small part of the total package.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

The repro Hawkins is very large, and even on a big stock on a 2-frame Parker Bros. one ends up with the vents being very close to the heel and toe --

They are a great pad on the huge stock on a Magnum-Ten Ithaca NID.
Share the knowledge
tony williamson

finding a pad for a 20 sterlingworth shouldnt be this hard...
Twice Barrel

Post by Twice Barrel »

tony williamson wrote:finding a pad for a 20 sterlingworth shouldnt be this hard...
I looked for a replacement Jostam 5 slot Anti-Flinch for my 16 gauge Sterlingworth Deluxe for several years and finally found one in Canada. They are out there but they are few and far between.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

A great period pad that fits the 20 gauge Fox is the Galazan repro NoShoc. A great pad that looks good.