ejector problem

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
tony williamson

Re: ejector problem

Post by tony williamson »

Thank you all for your replies. I know firsthand what my messing around can do. Learned the hard way. Finding a smith is hard to do. I'll try to be patient and go the gunsmith route.as for joining, ive already printed my app to send in after payday!
tony williamson

I have learned a lot of things the hard way. My goof ups are plentiful. May just look for a smith. The people at hyatts gunshop in charlotte assure me they have two smiths ( its an 8 smithy shop) that specialize in doubles.so....i'll prob do that. I printed off the paper last night at work to join. But yesterday the dreaded flu entered my house so thats what we are battling now. My 12 year old son got it.
fox shooter

Post by fox shooter »

Tony, I mentioned earlier that the problem may be in the forend. Why don't you remove the wood on the forend and snap the iron back on the gun and see if the ejectors are cocking and functioning properly. I had the same problem and found too much bedding under the ejector springs, not allowing the ejectors to function.
The process of elimination is best before you go filing and bending things. I think my ejectors may have a slight bend to them, but they work fine. I work on a lot of these old doubles and find the solution to most of these problems to be simple.
Chris...............AZ
tony williamson

Will do. Promise. Got to get rid of this dang flu. My son, my wife and me all have it...
fox shooter

Post by fox shooter »

What did you find out Tony, any luck?