SXS Fall Classic Georgetown, S.C.

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
ranmcc

SXS Fall Classic Georgetown, S.C.

Post by ranmcc »

Anyone been to the SXS Fall Classic in Georgetown, S.C.? Is it as good as the one in Sandford, NC?
APS

Re: SXS Fall Classic Georgetown, S.C.

Post by APS »

I have been to all of the Fall Classic. Great course, great people. Smaller then the spring event but growing every year. The low country is friendly. Georgetown has some great places to eat. Highly recommended.

Al
Alan Smith
SmithShady

Post by SmithShady »

I attended last year and will be headed down this Thursday night again. It was a fantastic venue last year with great shooting, and I understand that Rick Hemmingway spent around $600,000 on improvements before hosting the US Open Championship earlier this year. There were less vendors than at the Southern in Sanford, but I think that will grow this year as well. Last year it was well attended even though during hunting season and a hurricane. I'm personally looking forward to it very much. It is two weeks before the Vintagers, but it's close enough for me that I don't care. Come on out, it will be a blast.

Mike
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

The Fall Southern is a most enjoyable experience.
APS

Post by APS »

I shot both the big bore and the sub gauge courses today. Yes- the courses were available at noon Thursday. The targets are excellent. Good number of vendors with much to look at.

It is smaller but grows a bit each year. Rick's facility is top shelf.

al
Alan Smith
ranmcc

Post by ranmcc »

Went to the Fall Classic early Friday. Was hoping RST or B&P would be there so I could get a case of 20ga shells, but no one was there selling shells that I was in the market for. If you are looking to shoot and some competition it is worth going to, but they only had one tent with vendors so it was limited somewhat. I was able to meet a fellow from New Jersey and Maryland and enjoyed talking to them. Got to eat some good BBQ in Johnsonville. Weather here has begun to turn cool and I am looking forward to working a precoious 8 month old setter and killing a few birds for him next month. He should be ready come hunting season to get started.
blindduck2

Post by blindduck2 »

I was at the Georgetown shoot on Saturday. Very nice setting, clean and well run. Weather was great, enjoyable time.
Mills

Post by Mills »

It is smaller than Sanford with all of the advantages and disadvantages that go along with a smaller event. There were fewer vendors, fewer people, BUT the lines for shooting were non-existent, you got good visits with the people there and just had a good laid back time. We just did the 5 stand this time, but it was great. Despite the smaller selection of guns, we brought one home and were severely tempted by others. Rick Hemingway puts on a first class show and I recommend this event to anyone who can fit it in their schedule.