utica 16 sterly

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
tony williamson

utica 16 sterly

Post by tony williamson »

picked up a nice 16 today. Utica sterlingworth 375861, 99% blue and cc, a little varnish wear toward rear of stock where your cheek goes. :D and for the life of me cant figure out how to post a pic, well, they are on photobucket . i'll see if I can tell you where...ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by tony williamson on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
vaturkey

Re: utica 16 sterly

Post by vaturkey »

pics would be super. That's getting late in the production for sure.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

If they're on photobucket double click on the pic and to the right you'll a box with several choices; you want the bottom one, IMG. Double click on the box beside it with the URL inside and it should turn yellow and say "copied". Then come here and paste that in your response (right click and select "paste" or click edit on the drop down menu at the top of the page and select paste. Your image should appear when you review or submit your post! As a fan of Utica guns I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Ithaca33

Post by Ithaca33 »

Nice looking gun!!
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Nice! Does it have a plain or capped pistol grip?
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Awesome gun.
tony williamson

Post by tony williamson »

it has a plain pistol grip. it has three small initials stamped in the bottom of it....HHD ...barely noticeable. they are 3/16 " long. and there is finish wear where you put your cheek, but there are no scratches, and the colors really are 100%. the glare from the flash causes them not to look that way, but they are all there. bluing 100%. so I really don't understand the finish wear on an otherwise great gun. its original, the spot where where the finish is rubbed is about the size of a quarter, but it clearly looks like a cheek did it. there is the same spot on my 1928 12 gauge sterly, and it has an Utica stock. finish composition problem? idk..
2X2

Post by 2X2 »

Yes sir; good looking gun. Looks like you need to clean the rib/barrel crevice out with sharp point awl then a brass brush. Sometimes I believe those haven't been cleaned since the guns were made.