JT Callahan

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Dalgo

JT Callahan

Post by Dalgo »

Has anyone here had contact with JT Callahan in recent months? I sent a correspondence requesting a factory letter early in November, and never heard from him. I also sent a follow-up letter in March, and did not receive any acknowledgement either. Is he enjoying good health? Any news of him and his well-being would be good news, indeed.

Dalgo
A fox is more a fox from experience, than because it is a fox.
Fin2Feather

Re: JT Callahan

Post by Fin2Feather »

I have received two Fox letters from him in the past few months, both in a timely manner. Are you sure you have the correct address, etc?
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
thepalm0314

Post by thepalm0314 »

I have received two letters from him in the past several months as well.
James Palmer
Interested in the preservation of Vintage American Shotguns
I live in CA
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

What address are you using? Have your checks been cashed?
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Hi fellows, thanks for your kind replies. I used the address that I got here, and yes, the check was cashed on Nov. 15th. Aside from my address on the letterhead and envelope, my address is on my checks. Just a mystery. I sent a second letter in March, and that one wasn't replied to. My letters were not returned as undeliverable. Someone suggested I send him a certified letter (return receipt requested), which is probably what my next step will be. I just would like to have a factory letter on the gun.

Dalgo
ranmcc

Post by ranmcc »

Did you ever resolve the issue about your letter?
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Ranmcc, I haven't yet. this weekend I will get off, as Silver's suggested, a certified letter of inquiry. It would be nice to get a letter on the gun. The more I use it, the more I love it, and I feel it would be more complete with a factory letter. Thanks for asking.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I sent for a letter out on 5/16 and received my letter on 6/29.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Did you order an order card copy from AHFCA?
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

eightbore, I didn't even finish requesting it that I got my email copy, lol. I knew it would take a bit longer to get my factory letter. But 8 months?
ranmcc

Post by ranmcc »

Dalgo

I have tried just about every gun out there looking for that special one. Finally after 30 years of birdhunting I bought a 1933 Fox Sterlingworth Utica 20ga. Used very little and tight as a tick. Great little light gun which I can now claim to be the perfect bird gun. Probably the one of only three I will never part with including the Benelli M2 20g and the 280E Ithaca 20.
ranmcc

Post by ranmcc »

Got my letter this morning. Took about 3 weeks. I originally thought it was a 1933 gun, but it was not shipped out until March 23, 1936. No consignee was listed.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

I received a letter on Saturday and looked at some others while filing it. Here are the actual lag times on the last few letters I ordered from Mr JTC. As you can see John has been very responsive.

requested 9/21/12 & done 10/22/12

10/25/12 & 11/15/12

11/15/12 & 12/19/12

2/19/13 & 3/13/13

4/29/13 & 5/31/13

6/7/13 & 7/18/13
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

I just sent JT a certified letter yesterday. Hope I get results. August 2nd will be 9 months. Almost time for a baby!
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Just had a phone call from JT Callahan. What a nice gentleman. I can emphasize both the "nice," and the "gentleman." Had a very productive chat with him. Seems there has been a real issue with the US postal service, and we are not sure where, as he has received all my correspondence, and replied everytime. I have not received his posts, so I provided him with a different mail-to address, and hopefully the results will be positive. It was a pleasure speaking with him, and he provided some very usefull informatiion on other topics. I am looking forward to getting my letter.