Forends loose on Fox

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
FOXIST

Forends loose on Fox

Post by FOXIST »

I notice the other day that three of my ejector Foxes have a slight play in the forend. Is this common on ejector Foxes? I know that the forend lug is under alot of strain when the ejectors are being cocked. do any of you have this problem on ejector guns? I might be barking up the wrong tree. Paul
A FOX GETS THE GAME!
al smith

loose forend

Post by al smith »

I have an A grade extractor gun with a slightly loose forend so the problem may not be specific to ejector guns. Any ideas for an adjustment or fix?
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Paul, I just checked three graded ejector guns. None of them have any perceptible play in either the cocked or in the fired mode. Frank
Aan
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

al smith and Silvers thanks for the replies. I think it just must be a coincidence that the ejector guns have loose forends. al smith I am not one to tinker with the fitting of bbls, action and forend so I wouldnt have a clue on how to tighten them. Thanks Paul
A FOX GETS THE GAME!