Feels like Christmas.

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
huntermn

Feels like Christmas.

Post by huntermn »

I can't wait!! Leaving tomorrow for the Texas Rio Grande Valley for some cast and blast for a couple if days. Will be the maiden voyage for myself and my (new to me) sterlingworth 16. Looking forward to ambushing some whitewings over giant sunflowers!! I have shouldered the gun at least a hundred times since receiving it Thursday.

Decided to name her "Vixen" ( totally original I am sure), but any 16 this light and racy deserves the name!!

Will poat pics later this week. This may be the quickest addiction I have ever experienced. "lil'girl" my long time Elsie .410 girlfriend is already showing signs if envy!!!
Stan Hillis

Re: Feels like Christmas.

Post by Stan Hillis »

I'll be waiting to hear a report on the whitewings, and Vixen. Good shooting!

Stan
Twice Barrel

Post by Twice Barrel »

Huntsman you will find that a 16 gauge Fox is a hard habit (read addiction) to break in any grade. I have at least one Sterlingworth in all of the cataloged barrel lengths and am working on acquiring a second, then it will be on to the graded guns. Good luck with the White Wings.
huntermn

Post by huntermn »

Well, Vixen and I are back from our first hunting date together. Really suprised how light the recoil was from such a light little 16 gauge! Killed my 15 bird limit both evenings, and the second evening managed to scratch it out in 22 rounds, after shooting 33 the first day. Love the feel and look of the gun. Crap! Another addiction!