Page 1 of 1

What do do about an 1908 C grade 2 barrel set

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:41 pm
by paddy pescadero
My uncle's estate is out of probate and they are offering me on of his shotguns. I collect and shoot English hammerguns so this weapon is out of my bandwidth. They want $3,000.00 for this C grade ejector 12 bore two barrels with two forends. It comes with a half grip. DT and the wood is pretty nice. The barrels say Krupps Steeel made by Fox Philadelphia Pa. The SN is 13xxx and one barrels is 32" F/F and the other is 28 LM/Mod. Overall the is in good shape very tight and is a well made boxlock. It says C on the water tables but has very strong ejectors.

I am hesitant about getting into American modern guns but it seems like a well made gun with lots of engraving. One barell has two ivory beads. Should I pass on it or what?

Any thoughts about price and if I do get it should I do a pick up in the wood or just leave it.


Thanks in advance

Max

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:03 am
by Researcher
I'd jump on it like a big dog!!!

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 am
by PeteM
If you don't want to keep it, I think some folks might be interested. However, don't write it off that quickly. A 12ga CE is a nice gun. You just may find that you like having an American cousin in the closet.

Pete

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:02 pm
by fox-admin
paddy: Is this the gun you contacted me about in July?? Didn't you brother want to cut it down for a Cowboy Shooter?

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 pm
by birdawg
fox-admin wrote:paddy: Is this the gun you contacted me about in July?? Didn't you brother want to cut it down for a Cowboy Shooter?
arg!

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:19 pm
by paddy pescadero
Yes this is the CE 1908 but the price they wanted was wrong and my brother doesn't have the money to buy it and cut it, so its up to me to get it. At least if it goes out to the market it won't be cut. I am probably going to pass on it and let it go to auction ... but we'll see

Paddy

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:01 pm
by paddy pescadero
With so many email and PM's about this set, you've changed my mind about the interest inAmerican gun. I am going to buy it and see what happens. After all I really don't need another Brit weapon.

Thanks all for your interest and I'll keep you informed.

Paddy

binalysis@gmail.com

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:15 pm
by birdawg
Do post some photos when you get the gun.