Page 2 of 2
Re: Ward's Auction
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:22 am
by JasonPeck
TOOL MAN wrote:I don't know what came over me but I was captivated by that damn, Dupont powder poster. Was up till 3 am bidding. God, I hate that "no end until all bidding stops" S.O.P.!!
Would that be the "''HOW ARE YOU OLD MAN" poster? Great piece.
Re: Ward's Auction
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:27 am
by Researcher
During the recession of 2008 I could buy some things, but since about 2012, prices shoot by my comfort zone. It certainly appears the virus hasn't affected sporting collectibles -- $20496 for that UMC CLUB "Christmas" box!!
Re: Ward's Auction
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:44 am
by JasonPeck
Researcher wrote:During the recession of 2008 I could buy some things, but since about 2012, prices shoot by my comfort zone. It certainly appears the virus hasn't affected sporting collectibles -- $20496 for that UMC CLUB "Christmas" box!!
I wonder if the rise in sporting collectibles is somehow related to the downward price patterns in the guns themselves. Maybe not.
Re: Ward's Auction
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:46 pm
by fox-admin
Researcher I agree the prices for sporting collectibles remains strong as were the prices hammered at the Morphy sale. A dealer friend known to all of us reports very strong sales over the last few months. The decoy market has also been very strong, the recent Guyette and Deeter sale had 28 world record prices for makers.
Re: Ward's Auction
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:07 pm
by ryder55
I recently inherited that exact box. It had been sitting in a shed for 50 years and the top piece of the box is starting to fall apart. Most of it is still there but the top piece is in about 6 pieces. The bottom piece is in great shape. All 100 paper shells are in perfect condition and the folded up cartridge poster is sitting on top of the shells. Any ideas on what should be done to try and preserve it?
Re: Ward's Auction
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:30 am
by fox-admin
Wards has a excellent paper restoration service, call them.