Search found 19 matches

by Gmountain
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:23 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Sterlingworth side panel shapes
Replies: 2
Views: 1918

Re: Sterlingworth side panel shapes

Here's one:
Image
by Gmountain
Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:45 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Sterlingworth side panel shapes
Replies: 2
Views: 1918

Sterlingworth side panel shapes

As I understand it, the very early Sterlingworth's had the rounded panels, and the later ones had the pointed panels. But am I correct in assuming there was a middle ground. My early Sterly's seem to have a hybrid-not really rounded, but definitely not pointy.
by Gmountain
Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Something for non members
Replies: 5
Views: 2778

I would love to join. Give me a way to do it on this site, or via paypal and I'll join in an instant. Downloading an application and sending in a check isn't something I think about during the work day. People like to join on impulse. Give folks a way to do it. I'm sure I'll take flak for this, but ...
by Gmountain
Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:01 am
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: 16ga BE...Saratoga instead of B'more
Replies: 38
Views: 18880

What kind of price does that go for at a show? Ballpark.
by Gmountain
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:20 am
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: When is a Fox not a Fox?
Replies: 20
Views: 11273

If I started a car company today and called it Duesenberg and built cars by hand, that looked like original Deusenbergs, would anyone consider them real Deusenbergs? Not likely.
by Gmountain
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:34 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: When is a Fox not a Fox?
Replies: 20
Views: 11273

I don't think they are the same gun at all. The only thing similar is the name.

Sure, they are nice in their own right, but they could be called anything at all.
by Gmountain
Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:50 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Well, I got me a Sterlingworth Co. gun
Replies: 1
Views: 1858

Well, I got me a Sterlingworth Co. gun

I think it's pretty neato-almost 100 years old-even older than me. Serial number 516XX, nice shape. I was looking for one marked The Sterlingworth Company, so I'm pretty happy.
by Gmountain
Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Sterlingworth Co. Pin gun date
Replies: 10
Views: 6154

Researcher wrote:Less then 1000, a bit over 2000 and 9000.
I wonder how many of these are still around, or gone forever. The guns from 1910 are 100 years old-I wonder if even half of them exist anymore.
by Gmountain
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Let's say I had $2000 to spend
Replies: 7
Views: 4606

So you guys would definitely go with a better quality gun, rather than a smaller gauge. That's good to know. Thanks.
by Gmountain
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: Let's say I had $2000 to spend
Replies: 7
Views: 4606

Let's say I had $2000 to spend

What should I look for? An A grade in ok shape or a good 16 guage or a fair 20 gage? What do you all think?
by Gmountain
Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 am
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: What do you take with you to a gun show?
Replies: 6
Views: 4157

A flashlight.
by Gmountain
Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:40 am
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: w.site?
Replies: 25
Views: 14441

You guys took my response the wrong way. The question was how to get more members. I suggested making it easier to pay. We all know Paypal is not the best on guns, but what better way to make a statement to them by using them to fund gun sites? Will I send a check? Probably. Would I have paid immedi...
by Gmountain
Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:35 pm
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: w.site?
Replies: 25
Views: 14441

I think it needs to be easier to join. I'd join this very instant if I could submit my app and pay online. As it is, I don't have a printer, and when I'm at work, I get too busy to think about printing something. If I could pay via pay pal or something, I'd gladly do it, and I be a lot of other folk...
by Gmountain
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: New Gaurdian of SW20
Replies: 1
Views: 1786

Nice! I wish I could find things like that.