Search found 194 matches

by Stan Hoover
Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:39 am
Forum: Pictures of your Fox
Topic: Super Fox Is Home
Replies: 10
Views: 734

Re: Super Fox Is Home

Nice job to bring that Super back to respectability Frank!

I happen to like those Case Colors, not so gaudy as some restored guns you see out there.
by Stan Hoover
Fri Aug 21, 2026 10:52 am
Forum: Fox Collectors Forum
Topic: G&D catalogs
Replies: 8
Views: 1746

Re: G&D catalogs

I'm hoping any day now, the days have been getting long waiting in my lawn chair by the mailbox :wink:
by Stan Hoover
Sun Jul 12, 2026 9:07 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: First Registered Trap Shoot With The 4E Knick
Replies: 14
Views: 13452

Re: First Registered Trap Shoot With The 4E Knick

Excellent shooting Frank! Me and Shane took our Knick’s to the line on July 4, it was the first time in awhile, but they break targets with ease when the shooter does their part. I have not shot a great amount of different trap guns by any means, but it is very hard to find a better looking Trap gun...
by Stan Hoover
Fri May 15, 2026 10:46 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: A Little 4E Love!
Replies: 35
Views: 40968

Re: A Little 4E Love!

The duck scene was found on early Model 37 Dollar Grades, I don’t recall ever seeing it on an Ithaca double. And of course the mermaid was on the Sousa Grade guns. This particular trigger guard with the mermaid is actually not of the same serial number. Makes me wonder if Bill pulled it out of his d...
by Stan Hoover
Fri May 15, 2026 10:13 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: A Little 4E Love!
Replies: 35
Views: 40968

Re: A Little 4E Love!

And a Model 37R 20 gauge
by Stan Hoover
Fri May 15, 2026 10:10 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: A Little 4E Love!
Replies: 35
Views: 40968

Re: A Little 4E Love!

a bit more of Bill McGraw’s work, Ithaca’s longest tenured engraver. These 2 guns were Bill’s personal guns which he never completed.
by Stan Hoover
Sun May 10, 2026 6:52 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: A Little 4E Love!
Replies: 35
Views: 40968

Re: A Little 4E Love!

I have not encountered an NID with McGraw’s signature, only Knick Single Barrel Trap models. Where I find the signature most frequently is on the left side of the frame in the lower right corner in the floral engraving as pictured. While on the rare side, I’ve seen it on maybe 8 - 10 Knick 4E & ...
by Stan Hoover
Wed May 06, 2026 12:28 pm
Forum: AHFCA Events
Topic: Hausmann's 2026
Replies: 41
Views: 44675

Re: Hausmann's 2026

Not much news on how the Southern ''WAS', so lets help make the ''North East'' Shoot at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow the Best Shoot in the North East this year. Harry, Only my opinion so take it for what it is worth, the 2026 Southern event was one of the best I attended in the last 10 years. I came ho...
by Stan Hoover
Tue Mar 10, 2026 1:55 pm
Forum: Fox Paper, catalogs and advertising
Topic: TR Folder & AH Fox Embosser
Replies: 3
Views: 7663

Re: TR Folder & AH Fox Embosser

Nice Finds,

that embosser stamp tool is really special, I would think that is some kinda rare.
by Stan Hoover
Fri Jan 30, 2026 2:06 pm
Forum: Hunting with a Fox
Topic: Beaver Dam - Who is there and who is going?
Replies: 17
Views: 29614

Re: Beaver Dam - Who is there and who is going?

DarylC wrote: ↑Fri Jan 30, 2026 8:29 am Me neither but I'd love to go.
May I be your gun bearer??
by Stan Hoover
Tue Dec 16, 2025 8:27 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: A Little Eye Candy
Replies: 5
Views: 12691

Re: A Little Eye Candy

That is a scarce one.

No mermaid on the trigger guard, have you observed that on any other Ithaca Sousa grades Dave?
by Stan Hoover
Tue Nov 25, 2025 7:16 pm
Forum: Hunting with a Fox
Topic: Hunting in Kansas, Great Weather
Replies: 9
Views: 15514

Re: Hunting in Kansas, Great Weather

Looks like you guys had a great time Milt,

Thanks for posting the picture, I bet I know who was shooting the Doumelin :D
by Stan Hoover
Sun Oct 05, 2025 9:52 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: The Things Trap Shooters Do
Replies: 36
Views: 73401

Re: The Things Trap Shooters Do

The RAYBAR counter display
by Stan Hoover
Thu Oct 02, 2025 4:38 pm
Forum: Other Vintage Guns
Topic: The Things Trap Shooters Do
Replies: 36
Views: 73401

Re: The Things Trap Shooters Do

Frank, That is a nice 4E Knick, original Sunburst pad with aluminum spacer. The RayBar sight on a Knick is a little too gawdy for me, on a model 37, Yes. I have a few late Knick's with the RayBar sight and I just can't warm up to it, but I also cannot bring myself to remove them :? One of the 2 last...
by Stan Hoover
Thu Oct 02, 2025 6:54 am
Forum: Hunting with a Fox
Topic: u.p.
Replies: 25
Views: 71599

Re: u.p.

That’s a pretty fancy recipe Tom. Normally, when I cook an entire duck, I put it in a pan and put it in the oven for 50-60 minutes depending on size. Then, make a little duck gravy and enjoy. I guess I’m a simple guy. I've seen you eat Jeff. You like the good stuff. PS. I've used this on Woodcock q...