Older 1910 A upgrade

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
6pt-sika

Re: Older 1910 A upgrade

Post by 6pt-sika »

I kinda thought having Ansley H Fox engraved on both sides perhaps it had gone back to the factory for engraving or as you say a Fox employee doing it as a side job .
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

i am impressed with the results of sonic cleaning. that with reblued barrels and possibly freshened finish stock, or maybe just a cleaning of stock is going to result in a lovely custom Fox, im proud for you and hope it has a safe and secure journey across pond to your future home.hope to get update when you get settled in and reunited abroad. best regards Fred :wink:
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

44whiskey wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:58 pm i am impressed with the results of sonic cleaning. that with reblued barrels and possibly freshened finish stock, or maybe just a cleaning of stock is going to result in a lovely custom Fox, im proud for you and hope it has a safe and secure journey across pond to your future home.hope to get update when you get settled in and reunited abroad. best regards Fred :wink:
I still need to take it out and shoot it , might not be able to hit my backside with both hands using the thing (but I kinda doubt that) . I’ve got a Parker VH 12 2 barrel set someone brought in the shop I got for a little of nothing , I had NED reblue both barrels and had Patton cobble up the stock . It’s got 28” open barrels and 32” tight barrels . That one I can hit with very well , I plan on getting it over the pond as well . In June I struck a deal with Fejline for a Remington 32TC 30” that’s .050+ choke in both barrels and I think I’ve got a set of K-32 skeet barrels coming to be fitted to it . Those three all in 12 gauge should give me enough options in the Philippines .
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

When you go back to the Philippines will you be shooting feathers or clays?
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Stan Hillis wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:42 pm When you go back to the Philippines will you be shooting feathers or clays?
Any and everything I can ! They have an actual pigeon season that my brother in law shoots them , but he snipes them out of the trees with a 22 short . The concept of shooting flying is foriegn to most folks over there . There is a guy on Luzon that’s a retired actor now politician that has a gunclub that has skeet trap and five stand . I had a couple American guys I was talking to in the airport ten years ago tell me they had a small five stand deal set up on another island . If memory serves it seems to me he also said something about shooting ducks as well .
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

I failed to mention the wild pigeons in the Philippines shot out in the provinces actually taste pretty good cooked . My brother in laws wife cooks them in a sauce type stuff that kinda tastes like teryaki sauce to me . They have chicken adobo and pork adobo she calls it pigeon adobo the way she cooks them . The year I was over and went pigeon shooting one morning with my brother they made sure I was able to try some of them a day or two later .
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

FWIW if I'm able to figure out a way to get guns over semi easily besides the three shotguns I have a Remington 700 HB 5R in 260 REM thats suppressed and a suppressed Ruger 10-22 I'd like to take as well as a Kimber 1911 Commander . I could most likely stand it with three shotguns two rifles and a pistol . But I'll still be longing for an 8 a 10 a 16 a 20 and last but certainly not least a 28 :|
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

The 1910 gun wasn’t tightened up yesterday so today before taking it apart I put the parts back in the cleaner for two 30 minute cycles with fresh solution . And it cleaned them a bit more . Also got the gun apart with out any internal screws or bolts being rung off . Now tommorrow hopefully he’ll get some metal added and the gun back together .
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

I didn’t make it in to the shop today . Got the third Covid booster yesterday and I felt like crap today . But I did call to check the progress ! Welding is done and the gun hopefully will get back together Saturday or Monday .
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Alright it’s back together the lever is just a red hair left of center and I can live with that ! Still need to have the barrels blued but that may be after the first of the year .
5E9D0A14-8A00-4AC0-BEAF-EE3A9EE9BF6B.jpeg
7CD59DD5-EB8A-4EC2-87CA-2ED491940911.jpeg
7D9F9607-E504-45BD-8F41-22D1B79398F5.jpeg
D0982F2C-168D-44AA-8DC7-1CB8680BB120.jpeg
A38EDAF3-AD0E-4B2D-BDCD-6F6393C96737.jpeg
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

im glad she is back together,i have enjoyed following this thread,let us know of any updates :wink:
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

44whiskey wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:09 pm im glad she is back together,i have enjoyed following this thread,let us know of any updates :wink:
Thanks ! I went to the club this afternoon and shot some skeet . I didn’t shoot this gun well , I’d also brought a VHE 32” vent rib trap gun so I tried it to make sure it wasn’t me rather than the gun . And as I suspected I was crushing skeet birds with the Parker trap double . May get Patton to see if he can bend the stock some .
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Too much drop for you? If so, I'd suggest you try building up the comb temporarily with moleskin to see if, and how much, it helps, before attempting a bend.
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Stan Hillis wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:24 am Too much drop for you? If so, I'd suggest you try building up the comb temporarily with moleskin to see if, and how much, it helps, before attempting a bend.
I’ve got an elastic Velcro thing you can put lifters in to raise the comb . LOP over the pad is 13 3/4” which is a 1/2-3/4” less than my preference . I just slipped a Pachmayer slip on over the pad that’s already there and it seems a hair long but the fit is a lot better and the sight picture so to speak seems more natural if that makes any kinda sense . This gun is kinda a clunker for sure but something about it intrested me when I first saw it and continues to make me wanna get it to a point where I shoot it as well as my covey of Parker’s .
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Where we are at the moment . With the slip on pad over the pad already there and a riser for the comb . Feels okay and the site picture seems more uh normal . Won’t know until I shoot it at something sailing thru the air however :lol:
94FD0923-DBB5-4096-BEBE-9E22F6479DE5.jpeg