Page 1 of 1
Charles Daly
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
by Jeff S
Ooooooo! Here's the next chapter in The Life of Jeff. A Charles Daly / Lindner 10 ga. hammer gun. I had big fun knocking down pheasants today.
Re: Charles Daly
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 am
by Silvers
Nice going Jeff. Looks like a good cock bird and imo those Daly hammer guns are way cool. What load are you using?
Next we'll see you cleaning house at Hidden Hollow's 10 bore event.
Your post reminded me of when I was going to buy a 10 bore Lindner Daly hammer gun from the late Billy Harris. Blll was selling off his collection and made things easy; he'd send me guns (with my C&R FFL) to check them out and I'd pay later if I kept the gun. We'd come to agreement on the keep price and one day he called to say he was packing it and decided to try the triggers. I don't know if he had snap caps in the gun. Anyway he said one of the hammers broke and its piece flew across his gun room where he finally found it; also that it looked like someone had glued it together in the past. That was a deal breaker as I didn't want to deal with trying to find a matching hammer or welding etc. I often wonder what Bill did to get it fixed.
frank
Re: Charles Daly
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:59 pm
by fox-admin
Jeff Very nice, they are way cool to shoot, love my 10's. Congratulations
Re: Charles Daly
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:42 pm
by Jeff S
Thanks Craig. Frank, I was using RST 1 1/4 oz loads. Someday I may want to get into reloading, but since I just brought the gun home, it was easier to order shells. Besides, I want Morris to continue living a nice life style.

. I "nailed" 3 birds, but I also missed a couple. Those barrels are significantly heavier than what I'm accustomed to, and I need to learn how to "swing" them through the bird. Big fun though. I can't wait to knock down a duck with it.
Re: Charles Daly
Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:13 pm
by Jeff S
Frank. Both of the hammers appear okay so it's probably not your friend's gun. I'll bring it to Hausmann's and you guys can teach me how to shoot it properly. It weighs 8 1/2 lbs which probably isn't heavy for a 10 ga., but it's all in the barrels.
