xxx

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
JasonPeck

xxx

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
AHFCA Life Member
ylwdog

Re: AH Fox Collectors Group on Facebook

Post by ylwdog »

Jason,
Thanks for posting the fb link. It should expose the Fox guns and build interest with the younger folks ! :D
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Might be worth a try to get involved in additional dialog, however, I may need a tutorial. Now that I have clicked on the green box that says "join", what happens? (I might not be a member of the target demographic group)
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

I had a Facebook account for a number of years. What I found annoying is the number of e-mails generated informing me of people I might know that wanted to be friends (old classmates etc.). Every time a friend updated their Facebook page I received a notification. It became overwhelming and I deactivated my account and I personally don't miss the constant interruptions. Jason good luck with your Facebook page, I will take a look after I reactivate my account.
setterspell

Post by setterspell »

Not long ago I was checking out a FB page I like called Old Guns, lo and behold a gent was looking for info on a A.H. Fox shotgun. You'll recall the B/C 12ga.He posted pictures and the observers chimed in with opinions, myself included. Naturally, some were misinformed but after referencing the AHFCA site there surely was new visitors After some urging and pm conversation, he checked out our group and became a paying member. I think its another good way to introduce folks to the AHFCA. JMO. Thanks Jason
Last edited by setterspell on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

I'm a member of the FB account. You certainly have a different group looking at the posts then what you might see here, although you certainly could have lurkers come to this sight and never sign up for sure. Anything that promotes our association and Foxes in general is a good thing although many folks are pretty naive. Naive is fine. I was once was pretty naive when it came to Foxes. Still naive come to think of it. Regarding friend requests on Facebook, I generally ignore them unless I have a lot in common with the folks. I once had a belly dancer send me a friend request. While I thought that was interesting, I didn't accept it. A man has to know his limitations.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

vaturkey wrote:I'm a member of the FB account. You certainly have a different group looking at the posts then what you might see here, although you certainly could have lurkers come to this sight and never sign up for sure. Anything that promotes our association and Foxes in general is a good thing although many folks are pretty naive. Naive is fine. I was once was pretty naive when it came to Foxes. Still naive come to think of it. Regarding friend requests on Facebook, I generally ignore them unless I have a lot in common with the folks. I once had a belly dancer send me a friend request. While I thought that was interesting, I didn't accept it. A man has to know his limitations.

Yeah but just for the record ....... was she a Fox? :wink:

SRH
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
Last edited by JasonPeck on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AHFCA Life Member
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
AHFCA Life Member
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

xxx
AHFCA Life Member
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Just some opinions from a life member:

I wouldn't take a few replies as a blanket "like" of the Facebook concept.

Well, I guess I'm old-school when it comes to Fox guns and Facebook, and have zero interest in setting up an account for that purpose. I'd rather go for quality (of members) rather than quantity = as when gents participate here with a genuine interest in the gun, rather than trying to go to them to generate interest. As it stands now anyone with access to a computer can easily find the AHFCA and this website with any of the search engines. Besides, my iPhone is overloaded now with random emails and messaging.

frank
spyder

Post by spyder »

I'm on both. I think the two formats can coexist and create some synergy among current and future collectors and enthusiasts. FB is very good for spur of the moment posting of hunting pics, auction finds, etc. It is just so easy to do. Personally, I'm a little nervous about posting pics of my guns on FB just because my identity is not concealed behind a screenname. That being said, it's naive to think there are many secrets left in the digital world, so maybe I should stop worrying.

This site is and should continue to be be much better for historical info, technical advise, buying/selling, etc. In general, any outreach to a younger set of potential collectors is a good thing. Someday, we're going to need someone to sell our guns to.
tjeep

Post by tjeep »

Jason, I am a member of the facebook group, I think it's a great group. It's very easy to post and share pictures. Key, is getting the younger generation "millennials" interested and learning about these great guns. Otherwise those kids will be selling the Old collectors guns at the pawn shops! I really enjoyed the guys post the other day about his Great Grandfathers A grade.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Stan Hillis wrote:
vaturkey wrote:I'm a member of the FB account. You certainly have a different group looking at the posts then what you might see here, although you certainly could have lurkers come to this sight and never sign up for sure. Anything that promotes our association and Foxes in general is a good thing although many folks are pretty naive. Naive is fine. I was once was pretty naive when it came to Foxes. Still naive come to think of it. Regarding friend requests on Facebook, I generally ignore them unless I have a lot in common with the folks. I once had a belly dancer send me a friend request. While I thought that was interesting, I didn't accept it. A man has to know his limitations.

Yeah but just for the record ....... was she a Fox? :wink:

SRH
She certainly was. About half my age I'm thinking. Decided that was a Bridge To Far.