Noticed no Foxes?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
ranmcc

Noticed no Foxes?

Post by ranmcc »

I have noticed there are little or no 20ga Fox Sterlingworths on Guns International and Guns America? Have they all been bought up?
Mike of the Mountain

Re: Noticed no Foxes?

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

They are held tight to the vest and only come out for the "right price".
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

They are all getting used up in custom guns and upgrade fakes!
Share the knowledge
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

Researcher wrote:They are all getting used up in custom guns and upgrade fakes!
My thoughts too
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Think folks have nailed it. The real good ones are sitting in one's collections or being sold for pretty crazy prices. There's an ejector Sterly 20 Gauge on one of the auction sites right now that will probably at some point sell for the asking price. The mostly tired ones are ending up as custom guns. I recently bought a 20 gauge 28" Philly Sterly with a home made (shop class project most likely) stock to use on a TBD project, because the price was right and I knew if I never did the project I wasn't out much.