Upcoming AHFCA events

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Jeff S

Upcoming AHFCA events

Post by Jeff S »

I started visiting this web page back in December and I really love it. The knowledge the members have shared is outstanding and the pictures are great. I'm glad that I joined. To get caught up on AHFCA stuff I've been reading old newsletters. In the Spring, 2014 issue, Steve Cambria scolded the membership for being apathetic. Well, maybe so, but for new members like me, we might not know anything about these events. Is there a list of events posted somewhere? What is included in an event? Is there a "swap meet"? Are there vendors present? Can people like me that average 16 out of 25 participate? What are the entry fees? I noticed in the "2015 Endless Mountain SxS" posting that there are other AHFCA members living in Michigan. Are there any events located in Michigan that the AHFCA is involved? Sincerely, Jeff
fullchoke16

Re: Upcoming AHFCA events

Post by fullchoke16 »

You're on the right forum for event info. Some are shooting events some are more or less gun shows. On shooting events you will find a link posted for location and dates, you can usually find what types of shooting is involved. If not, ask questions here since someone here has probably shot the event before. If you go , you will find that the seriously competative attitude is pretty much absent at a SxS shoot. Folks are more interested in what gun and load you are shooting than what your score is. The only one I've attended is the North East shoot at Hausmans Hollow. They set up a big tent and a number of classic gun dealers will be there as well as stock makers, engravers, gun parts and various other accessories. Probably the most interesting thing for me is the displays set up by the Fox, Lefever, Parker and L.C. Smith Collectors. You'll find that most of these folks are glad to share the knowledge that they have gained over a lifetime. The fine gun dealers will have firearms in a range from some that a working man can afford to guns that cost more than my house. It's interesting to see the real gun instead of a magazine picture. I'm not sure what all is available in Michigan but I know there is a pretty good contingent of SxS shooters in that area.Someone here will probably chime in on that. Hope this helps, Fred.
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Thanks for the feedback. With a wife, 3 daughters and a cottage, the summer time can get real busy, but that Northeast event sounds pretty interesting. I might give it a try.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

AHFCA will be set up at HHHSC for the Northeast SxS Classic. This year we will be combining our Bo-Whoop/Letterman Cup events under the same tent with our Fox display/booth. We decided that in order to optimize our presence at this event, we needed to consolidate the 2 locations to 1. It'll be easy to find us as we'll be at the same Bat corner, same Bat times for the weekend. We will also be set up at the "Spring Southern" at Deep River Sporting Clays in Sanford, NC. Come join us for some shotgun fun!!