H.E. / Factory card

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
boocoo

H.E. / Factory card

Post by boocoo »

In the ship Section on the build card for my 32" H.E. It reads above rush RWH in a Circle. It has two sets of barrels 32",30".

Any help insight would be great,
Silvers

Re: H.E. / Factory card

Post by Silvers »

One of our benefactors, "Bill" Harris who is now sadly passed, often wrote his initials (RWH) on his xerox copy of the record cards, for guns that he owned at one time. Those xerox copies are the basis for the digital record card copies that the AHFCA now owns/uses for card lookups. Many record cards are marked "Rush" and that often indicates that a gun that was made for stock was modified to fit the customer's specs in a rush order, as compared with making one up from scratch in the normal production schedule. HE's with (two) factory barrels are somewhat rare but I don't think they command an extraordinary premium beyond what the extra HE barrel is worth.

Silvers
boocoo

Post by boocoo »

Sorry to hear on his passing. Was it recent ? Thank you very much for the insight. The Roe Clark letter is dated from 1991 and build card is on back side on factory letter.

Regards
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Billy had Clark and Callahan letters for most of his Foxes and usually had a copy of the record card xerox attached. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he didn't add "RWH" on the original factory card.

http://foxcollectors.com/My%20Forum/php ... f=2&t=4218
boocoo

Post by boocoo »

Yes it's a copy not the original card

Thank you