Accessing rotary bolt

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
spyder

Accessing rotary bolt

Post by spyder »

I bought a beater AE for the barrels and early (Horne) ejector parts, and have everything disassembled except the bolt. The headless screw that links the bolt to the toplever shaft won't budge, and the metal around the screw slot is soft so I'm risking buggering it up. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Frank
bbman3

Re: Accessing rotary bolt

Post by bbman3 »

Spyder the end of the screw that goes through yoke has a braded end.I use a motor tool with a pointed grinding stone and carefully grind the braded part away until screw will turn. Bobby
spyder

Post by spyder »

Thanks much.
gilrussell

Post by gilrussell »

Bobby et al: The last one I did, I put the receiver in a drill press vise with padded jaws and used a drill bit in the drill press larger than the end of that machine screw, just to get it down to the point where it would move. Once I got it out, I dressed it up with a slightly larger drill bit yet. It worked very well. I have trouble keeping the tip of the Dremel tool where it needs to be. This makes a neater job for me. Gil
Too much of a good thing is....wonderful. M. West
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

Gil ,Good idea. Bobby