Fox barrels marked "made by Armat or Amart?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
MilRob

Fox barrels marked "made by Armat or Amart?

Post by MilRob »

I was in a local shop looking at a 12 ga XE with 28" barrels. He had a second set of 26" barrels for the gun that said "Barrels by Amart" or Armat. Nothing else was stamped on the barrels other than the engraving on the barrel wedges. I did not have a long time to look at the gun. The water table had proofs all over it. Anyone have an idea of the barrel maker? Or heard of barrels made by them?
DGKaas

Re: Fox barrels marked "made by Armat or Amart?

Post by DGKaas »

I suspect the barrels were added in Liege by the firm, ARMAF. I have 2 guns so barreled. One is a set of 3 1/2" 10 gauge magnums fitted to a #3 frame Parker Grade 2 top lever hammer gun. The other is a rather hefty early A&D Lindner Chas. Daly with a set of 3" 12 gauge magnums and a set of 3 1/2" 10 gauge magnums. While both guns retain their original factory Damascus barrels the ARMAF barrels fitted to them are quite beautifully made. They also were proofed in Liege. ARMAF also made their own line of guns.
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Thanks Don, good info.

tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
MilRob

Post by MilRob »

Yes thank you for the information. I will stop back there again and take some pictures if he will let me. Owner thought it was an a grade until I showed him the X. Guns been sitting in his shop for 15 years he said.