Collecting

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
loggy

Collecting

Post by loggy »

A fly fisherman is said evolve thru four stages . In the first they want to catch any fish, the second is to catch lots of fish, the third is to catch big fish and the fourth is to catch difficult fish. I would add a fifth where they want to go and watch the next generation take their turn. A sixth might be the fisherman that can no longer go but has lots of good memories on the top of their mind. After reading many of the posts on this website I think i can safely substitute Fox for fish. Lots of folks don't necessarily move through the different phases but all are having fun and enjoying themselves.
MARSHFELLOW

Re: Collecting

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Well said !!!! ........and then, there's always "the one that got away"!!!!!!

tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Great philosophy.

Hey, we gonna see you next month in Vegas.

Jolly
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Sounds like the pattern of life in general, I have enjoyed each stage and the entire journey!!!
loggy

Post by loggy »

Jolly,
I am not sure if I will make it to Vegas. I have a long string going and hate to break it....
John
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

John,

Hope you can make it. Be nice seeing you again. Would you be ringing your son along?

And everyone else planning on the Vegas show next month at the Riviera. Hope to see many of you there.

And as I recall Researcher/Dave has confirmed Wally Bienfeld has a table for the Fox Collectors.

Jolly
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

Loggy great philosophy. I have been looking forward to Vegas. I will be there Wed thru Sunday and hope to to see "yous guys" Will be nice to get away from work. I have not found much hunting time this Fall as Sandy hit us with quite a punch here. :wink: Paul
A FOX GETS THE GAME!
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

Yes, LOGGY....then God gave us the 7th day.....for those crazy sons-a- bitches who want to catch 20" PLUS trout on #20 size dries or smaller!! Guess that would be comparable to rollin' a 20+ LB gobbler with a .410!!
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
loggy

Post by loggy »

Toolman. Fisherman that finally acquire the skills to catch big fish on very small flies are usually too old to be see the small hook eyes and fine tippets. It seems there is no justice in the world! John
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Bah!! Humbug!!! Fish are caught with a spinning rod, a bent piece of metal and a treble hook!
Share the knowledge
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

The truest purist fisherman is the kid with a cane pole rigged with a bobber, and a can of worms. He has nothing to prove to anyone, not even himself. Sheer joy at being alive.

"Blessings on thee, little man
barefoot boy, with cheek of tan....."

SRH
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

.....I like being downstream on the stream of commerce when somebody else is practicing "catch & release".....

tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
Mills

Post by Mills »

Once some money rolls in here, I am looking to add to my Fox collection, which currently consists of an early A grade 12 gauge.
loggy

Post by loggy »

There are lots of folks around to help get rid of your money. I hope you can find more guns. They are sure lots of fun.
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Mills, you nailed it! I'm in the same boat. I have an A grade 12 ga. Silvers put a bug in my head about adding to the collection. That will be my goal this year. Again, it's a money thing. It is an addiction!
A fox is more a fox from experience, than because it is a fox.