OK who is going to visit me at the Southern??

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
fox-admin
Site Admin

OK who is going to visit me at the Southern??

Post by fox-admin »

The AHFCA will have a booth for the first time at the Southern. I will be in attendance with my better half Anne. We have two tables and plenty of room for members guns either for sale or display.
I will bring a few of my guns but I would appreciate members displaying their Fox stuff. Bring any of your Fox guns, they don't need to be high condition collector stuff, attendee's just want to see Fox guns. I am looking forward to meeting some of our southern friends and having a BIG time. I may even have some cold refreshments and NY cheddar under the table!!
MARSHFELLOW

Re: OK who is going to visit me at the Southern??

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

I've got hotel reservations but I'm 50/50 on whether I'm going to make it....would like to. Sure hope some AHFCA members can make it like you say.

tjw
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
FOXIST

Post by FOXIST »

Craig I will be there along a few pieces of iron. I am hoping to talk my daughter Paige into coming down for the weekend. Paul
A FOX GETS THE GAME!
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Craig,
I'll be there with a few guns. Can't wait to see your newest "toy" and will help at the table if you need me. Please try out for the Challenge with your new "C". It will be a great time.
Daryl
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Yup, Murphy will be there. Craig, be sure to spend some time down at the dove field with your new gun. The qualifying round for the "Challenge" is now 60 birds instead of the previous 30. The two 30 bird rounds will be shot back to back. You must sign up for your shooting time. Sign up is at the dove field this year. Good luck.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Eigthbore, I can't wait for the Southern and it is always great talking guns with you. I want to shoot a Parker this year and hope the CHE will be ready to go. I believe FOXIST is shooting a Parker and maybe Silvers if he comes. I decided to have the CHE cleaned and lubed and checked out by Turnbull before shooting it. They said it would be ready to go before the Southern. I will never qualify for the Parker team but I sure will look good and have big fun trying!!! See ya soon.
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Ahhhh yes, the CHE.........
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Fox-Admin shooting a Parker would be like Murphy shooting a Fox. Just seems plain wrong. :D
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

On contraire. There is the Fox gun and then is is Mr. Murphy the Gun fox.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I have always shot Fox guns. In fact, I bought one last month. I am a life member of AHFCA. However, I will be shooting a Parker in the Challenge. Daryl, I was sneaking around at your gun club Saturday, probably while you were shooting pigeons.
Big Friend Ten

Post by Big Friend Ten »

Murphy is the "Gun Fox"! I love it :lol: It's like a fox sneaking aroung the henhouse looking for its next gun, I mean meal!

All jesting aside, Murphy is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of finding good deals on great guns!!!
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

OK Any members south of the Mason-Dixon Line attending?? I would really like to meet our southern AHFCA friends
mc15426378

Post by mc15426378 »

Craig, I'm trying to arrange a trip over but the wife and I just moved (after 33 years) to a new home. Wife's 92 year old dad will be living with us. Haven't sold the old home so now I have two houses to maintain.....plus the wife's dad's home. :( :( :(

I should know late next week if I'll be able to attend.

Mike
SmithShady

Post by SmithShady »

Craig, I live about 25 minutes from Deep River Sporting Clays and plan on spending a considerable amount of time at what will be my first Southern SxS. I'm sure I'll have my Fox guns in tow, and while not anything special, I'm happy to throw them on the table if there is room. What I'd really like to do is spend some time shooting with other AHFCA members while we are there! I'm new to the event, but I'm hoping there is time for that amongst all the other competitions going on that weekend. I own a Parker and an LC Smith, but I'm not currently a member of either of the corresponding organizations, so I won't be signing up for the challenge this year. I think you mentioned possibly needing help manning the booth, and I'm happy to help with that as well. It will be great to put some faces with names and spend some time with "like minded" gun enthusiasts!

Mike
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Mike: I am looking forward to meeting you. Please bring your Fox gun(s) along we would love to see them and there is always room on the table for member guns.
I am sure we can arrange a Fox group shoot. The sporting clays course is open concurrently with the LCS/Parker Championship.

Mike Covington: The wife must have figured you have been spending too much money on Fox guns so to make it even she wanted a new house, I get it------ smart move on your part!!
Anyhow, I hope you can make it. Craig