Southern Side by Side

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
studdog

Southern Side by Side

Post by studdog »

I am planning to attend this event for the first time this spring. I've read the website but would like any info from this group on where to stay and what events a first timer should enter. Thanks, George
eightbore

Re: Southern Side by Side

Post by eightbore »

Quality Inn 1403 Horner Road, Sanford has been a mainstay hotel for many Parker and Fox guys. A step up and my choice for the past few years has been the Hampton Inn, Sanford. The Hampton offers an easy ride to the club over country roads. Many restaurants nearby.
Laxcoach

Post by Laxcoach »

I agree with Bill---however wait until the event approaches and watch the Parker and Smith websites before you make reservations, as discounts to Southern attendees are offered.
SmithShady

Post by SmithShady »

Hey Guys,

I live 30 minutes from Deep River Sporting Clays where the Southern Side by Side is held. In fact, I was just there yesterday morning to shoot a round of clays. If you have trouble finding something in Sanford, there are a few hotels near me in the Apex/Holly Springs area. I can think of several that are right off of US 1 and NC 55 which is a straight shot to exit 78 where Deep River is. One is a Comfort Inn, and the other is a Holiday Inn Express. From the Highway 55 exit, Deep River is about a 25 minute drive (I believe it's a 15-20 minute drive from Sanford). As it gets closer to the event, I'm happy to help if anybody has questions about the area or needs more info on places to stay. If any help is needed in conjunction with the AHFCS's presence at the event, happy to assist there as well. This year will be my first time at the event, and I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow AHFCS members, and possibly participating in some of the challenges.

Mike

Comfort Inn Apex
1411 East Williams Street, Apex, NC 27502
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-apex-no ... e_country=

Holiday Inn Express Apex/Raleigh
1006 Marco Drive, Hwy 55 and US 1 South, Apex, NC 27502
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/a ... _-ex_aeenc
"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson