Fox came home

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
terc

Fox came home

Post by terc »

Does anyone else ever think about how guns show up were they do. I guess not to many years ago they stayed in the general area that they were purchased and used in . Now with the internet they are being scattered all over the world.
A few months ago I was returning from the Chantilly VA. gun show. My friend and I stopped at a gun shop in Maryland. I got lucky and found a very nice A.H. Fox CE grade shotgun.
The research letter arrived Tuesday. The gun checked out perfectly,and the letter also showed the gun was shipped Oct. 5, 1915 to the Swank Hardware Co.. That hardware store is only 5 miles from my home near Johnstown PA.
I guess this is one gun that came home.
Dave
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

How about a few pictures?
terc

Post by terc »

I don't do the digital camera,internet photo thing yet. I keep putting it off.I planned on doing it after this past hunting season.Iguess I better get on the ball.
Dave
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Dave, what gun shop did you stop in to find a C Grade Fox in Maryland?? I promise I won't ever go there, but my curiousity is getting the best of me. Murphy (In Maryland)
james-l

Post by james-l »

Dave, weird things happen. I bought a double gun from a dealer in the midwest a couple of years ago, when it arrived it had a recoil pad with the name of a gunsmith that was in my town in California in late 1940's

Jim
terc

Post by terc »

Eightbore,
It was Hendershots Gun Shop in Hancok. They had a few nice guns "in the back" that belonged to the previous store owner. I was ready to leave and just asked if they ever get any nice old doubles,Winchesters,ect.. . I guess my timing was right for a change.
Dave