Michael McIntosh

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Scott

Michael McIntosh

Post by Scott »

This was just posted on the Parker website by Charles Herzog;

Saturday, the 14th of August saw the passing of Michael McIntosh. At the age of 66, the world renowned writer gave in to life's final demand.

Michael wrote some 29 books, all of which are cherished and recognized as being of the finest gun and shooting sports related pubications that exist today.

The gun world will forever be the less at Michael's passing.

Charles A. Herzog Sr.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
George Lander

Re: Michael McIntosh

Post by George Lander »

I just finished reading through for the second time Mike's book "BEST GUNS". He was a gifted writer who obviously loved his subject. Perhaps he and Ansley are together now roaming the Elysian Fields together. He will be missed!
Last edited by George Lander on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee"......John Donne
NJdblgun

Post by NJdblgun »

He was an excellent writer, and he will be missed, RIP Michael
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he and Ansley can shoot some long yardage Pigeons in the great beyond. With both our moves around the country we fell out of touch over the last decade. Make that effort to stay in touch!

Dave
Share the knowledge
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Last evening I read Michael's article on frogs and frogging in the new issue of Sporting Classics. It brought back some good childhood vignettes: sneakin along a crick and grabbing at what we called springtoes - also shooting them with slingshots, BB guns and 22's - all for the white frog leg meat that was a delicacy when fried up in butter. Nope, they don't taste like chicken.

I had similar feelings when I first read his Fox book many moons ago.

Mr. McIntosh was a frogger too. Michael's last lines in the frogging article: "I have to assume there are bullfrogs and green frogs in Heaven. And I also have to assume they're available for the catching. If not, then to quote Mr. Browning, what's a Heaven for?"

Good frogging, Michael!

Frank
Gretagrouse

Post by Gretagrouse »

Shocked to hear about Mr. McIntosh. He was one of a very few authors who could keep me glued to a book. The way he described guns and places and smells was truely amazing. He will definitely be missed.
waterman

Post by waterman »

Sad to hear the news about Michael he was the main reason I started collecting Fox guns. I wished I had only meat Michael.
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Well that's a shame. Obviously Michael's book was a boon to many Fox aficionados. Gone way too soon. Godspeed, Mr. Mac.
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

He brought a warm but bright light to the lives of many of us. That light is now dimmed far too soon, but not forgotten by most.
I know I will remember him as I walk the amber fields this autumn.
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
al

Post by al »

Had many a conversation with Mr McIntosh he was a true gentleman
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

May God Bless his family.
loggy

Post by loggy »

I will also miss his writing. I have a few of his books but certainly not 29. Part of his advise was to have something to look forward to. We lost our four year old retriever to a back injury this year. We were going to get one pup and wound up with two. I will be looking forward to the future seasons with the pups. Thanks for his words of wisdom.