Page 1 of 1
schematic?
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:02 pm
by dobbr
OK I been searching this site for a schematic for a sterlingworth a long way back in 2017 etc there was none .... is there now?
another, what is the 2inch stainless rod recessed in the stock, up around the top of hand placement grip.. thanks
Dobbr
Re: schematic?
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:34 pm
by Jimmy Goodtime
To my knowledge there is no schematic drawing available. Maybe I’m wrong about that. The rod you are referring to sounds like the automatic safety push rod. You can remove it and it will simply convert the gun to a manual safety which is preferred by some.
Re: schematic?
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:36 pm
by Researcher
That pin actuates the automatic safety when the top-lever is pushed to the right. Cut-aways from the 1908 "Campfire" Catalog --
Re: schematic?
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:38 am
by dobbr
just as I have researched, there is no true schematic, the best is right here on this fox site oh well, im just keeping organized and putting stuff back before too long of a period passes.. thanks to all
Re: schematic?
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:02 pm
by Researcher
I gotta wonder what would a schematic do for you that the Disassembly Instructions on our home page doesn't cover?
https://foxcollectors.com/mechanisms/disassembly
Re: schematic?
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:27 am
by Silvers
I have the same question as Dave. Just a caution, if a hobbyist goes farther than the Disassembly Instructions for whatever reason and removes the hammers and mainsprings, even on an Extractor Fox, get ready for some fun trying to put them back in. frank

Re: schematic?
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 8:37 pm
by dobbr
This is how the subject came up,, I am removing the stock to clean up a bit and do a new butt plate. The large screw underneath is not budging. used oil and pressure, what pressure I thought was reasonable. A big box gun store directed me to a machine shop, He asked me if I had looked at a schematic, maybe a pin inside was holding the screw tight. Well he had a better vise and a better slotted punch than I. Couple raps on the screw and it was loose. I reasoned I had seen a break down of some parts , however no schematic. (and I will not see one) I have it cleaned up , now to put it back is next.
I shot it before, it is a great shooter. envious of you guys bird hunting now.......
\
Dobbs