Arrow on sterlingworth receiver

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Jabba3153

Arrow on sterlingworth receiver

Post by Jabba3153 »

I noticed that some have the arrow and others don’t my 16 1934 does not have the arrow was there a reason for the arrows
Researcher

Re: Arrow on sterlingworth receiver

Post by Researcher »

What arrow are you talking about? The side panel on the frame? Show us some pictures.

Late in the Savage years they used up some of the flat-sided SP-Grade frames to build Fox-Sterlingworths.
132871 08.jpg
Share the knowledge
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

I never thought of them as arrows but I see what the OP means; the three marks at the front of the raised side panels (tech term?) do form a sort of arrow shape. All three of my Utica Sterlingworths (1935, 1936 and 1937) have them; don't have a Philly Sterly to check.
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

My straight frame has the arrow.