Parker Pages

Use this forum to discuss other vintage guns
Jeff S

Parker Pages

Post by Jeff S »

For those of you that are also members of the Parker Group, you’ll want to read Frank’s excellent article on his Parker Double Barreled trap gun. Very interesting and well researched. 👍👍
Silvers

Re: Parker Pages

Post by Silvers »

Thanks Jeff. I haven't seen The Parker Pages Summer quarterly as yet; you must get yours by Express Mail! :lol: I excerpted the PP article from my submittal sent to the DGJ just a few weeks before the editors pulled the plug in May 2022, and I declined having it published in their "Index and Reader" (long story) and asked for it back at that time. Right now I'm planning to do a second excerpt with the remaining more technical part of that article manuscript for a future edition of the PP.

For those interested in seeing her, I’ll try this Parker Double Trap gun I named “Lily” for score at the upcoming Bo-Whoop Long Range competition at Hidden Hollow next week. frank
Aan
Rbishop

Post by Rbishop »

Looking forward to reading about that one!!
loggy

Post by loggy »

Frank, Thank you for the interesting article. I appreciate all the research you did to write this piece. Well done. John
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Got here to the Washington/Idaho border a couple of days ago. Frank, great article on a very interesting gun with some wonderfully researched provenance. Amazing what the companies would do back in the day! One question on the stock, is it inlet for a safety mechanism or is it solid?
Share the knowledge
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Thanks gents. Dave, I checked the trigger guard long tang inlet to verify the serial number and grade stamp. But I didn't pull the stock to look at the internals or the upper inlet/safety linkage area because everything works properly and screw slots good. Based on that finely fitted slot plug I'd say Lily was probably made with a safety and later plugged by Josef K. frank