Fox made in Baltimore..MD.

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Shogun

Fox made in Baltimore..MD.

Post by Shogun »

Does anyone know of any information available on the internal safety mechanism of this shotgun. Mine is missing and I don't know what it is supposed to look like. This is 12 gauge serial # 7xx. From what I gather 1902 or 1903 manufacture.
Thanks
Rick
Researcher

Re: Fox made in Baltimore..MD.

Post by Researcher »

The Fox Gun Co. Balto., MD, U.S.A. was in business from July 1898 to January 1900, when Ansley H. Fox left and his partners re-incorporated as Baltimore Arms Co. and started building a gun designed by Frank A. Hollenbeck. Ansley Fox then became a professional shooter, first for Winchester ammunition, but by August 1900 the big W had him shooting a Model 1897. Maybe these pictures of the remains of #714 and 866 can help --
714 01, Fox Gun Co., Balto., Md., U.S.A..jpg
866 02.JPG
866 03.JPG
Share the knowledge
Shogun

Re: Fox made in Baltimore..MD.

Post by Shogun »

Thanks. GREAT PHOTOS.