Louisville Gun Show - Foxes in the house!

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Foxnut

Louisville Gun Show - Foxes in the house!

Post by Foxnut »

Spent last weekend at the National Gun Day Gun Show in Louisville. Well attended show on Saturday and Sunday morning. There were several Foxes on the tables. A number of well worn Sterlingworth 12 and 16 gauge guns. A few A/AE small bores and one 16 CE. Of note was a 12 Gauge BE that I had looked at previously. This gun intrigued me. It has British 2 1/2” Nitro proofs on the barrel flats. It had been refinished at some point as well. It was choked IC/Full w/28” barrels. Looks to have had a replacement forend with a horn inlay that was slightly snabled. I was tempted as I thought it would make a nice clays gun. The same gentleman had a very nice original condition A Grade 12 gauge w/28” M/F barrels a semi-pistol grip stock with Fox serrated butt plate. Unfortunately he was over priced on the gun. A few other interesting Fox guns as well.
Last edited by Foxnut on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards - Foxnut
Foxnut

Re: Louisville Gun Show - Foxes in the house!

Post by Foxnut »

Also got to visit with several fellow Fox enthusiast including TJW and a few others! Always good to catch up face to face and spend time admiring other Foxes.
Regards - Foxnut
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Sounds like a good show and thanks for the update.
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

The BE sounds interesting. There's something about the B grades that catch my fancy. Probably my favorite choke combo for clays and hunting (if I hunted with a 12). I've come to appreciate 28" barrels in the last few years. Do you remember the price tag on it?
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

Sounds like he had a nice array to choose from - how were his asking prices? Thanks, Kevin
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

DarylC wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:47 am The BE sounds interesting. There's something about the B grades that catch my fancy. Probably my favorite choke combo for clays and hunting (if I hunted with a 12). I've come to appreciate 28" barrels in the last few years. Do you remember the price tag on it?
Daryl, the BE was intriguing to me as well. I thought that combo of chokes would be great for clays. I never got to price on the gun as I thought if I knew I’d try to buy it!! BGrades have a soft spot for me as well. While not a collector gun I thought it would be a great shooting Fox to enjoy the way it was meant to be!
Regards - Foxnut
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Sporrns wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 am Sounds like he had a nice array to choose from - how were his asking prices? Thanks, Kevin
Asking prices on the Foxes I looked at were high but not out of the realm of current asking prices. There was a flat out mint Savage era 16 Sterlingworth extractor gun with 28” barrels. Asking price was $2800. While it seemed a tad high to me the condition was definitely in that realm.
Regards - Foxnut