8 gauge Lindner Daly

Use this forum to discuss other vintage guns
ROMAC

Re: 8 gauge Lindner Daly

Post by ROMAC »

Stan Hoover wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:13 pm Nice find there Roger,

Welcome to the 8 gauge CLUB,

I enjoy loading and shooting the big guns and we always have a blast playing with them. I’m not recalling exactly where you are in SE PA, but I would consider myself to live in SE PA. I’m midway between Lancaster and Reading. I could possibly give you a hand with resizing those beautiful Industrial Winchester hulls.

If I can be of help, let me know.
Stan
Stan,

Thanks for your offer as well. I'm in Bucks County near Newtown/Yardley by the Delaware River, north of Philly and about as far east as you can get in PA. I get out your way every once in a while when I go to Muddy Run. I have been meaning to get out to the spring SXS shoot that takes place out your way in April or May every year. I somehow get the invitation but have never made it. You probably know the one I'm talking about. It's a one day - very informal type of get together to shake the winter rust off.

Roger
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Stan Hoover

Post by Stan Hoover »

Sounds good Roger,

You’re in good hands there with Craig offering to send you sized hulls. Looking forward to meeting you at the next 8 gauge event.

As far as a spring SXS event, we have the event put on by the Smith group at Carlisle Fish & Game that coincides with the Baltimore Arms Show or the SXS event hosted by Chuck Bishop at Blue Ridge in Harrisburg.

See ya soon,
Stan
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

I was thinking about the one that Chuck Bishop holds. I’m in the loop on that one somehow but haven’t attended it to date.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

ROMAC wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:58 pm I was thinking about the one that Chuck Bishop holds. I’m in the loop on that one somehow but haven’t attended it to date.
Yes Roger come and have a great time! I started going 2 or 3 years ago and like most shoots with people you enjoy being with, scores "machts nicht" and the stories alone are worth the trip. Some great cigars are smoked and some fabulous guns of all kinds come out of the closet. Chuck does a great job of fostering a SxS team for whomever is willing to sign up. It would be a true hoot to front an 8-gauge only squad! Kevin