Merry Grousemas from Rosey!

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
Foxnut

Merry Grousemas from Rosey!

Post by Foxnut »

Rosey and I had a chance to head North yesterday to chase some late season grouse. Weather was perfect. Low of 30 and a high of 35 with a light breeze and clearing skies as the day went on. Here in Grand Rapids we had a light dusting of snow but a mere 90 minutes North a couple inches were on the ground.

Rosey and I worked two of our usual coverts but also tried two new coverts that were better suited for late season with conifer mixed in with Aspen and edged by mature timber stands. We hunted for 3 hours and had two points and three wild flushes. Interesting that all the birds were roosting/feeding in the trees.

Mid morning Rosey went on point at the base of three white pine trees but it seemed she wasn’t quite sure. As I walked in I heard the launch of a grouse above me. I shot to my right and the bird dropped. Rosey retrieved the bird and I snapped a couple pics and reloaded my gun. Just as I dropped the shell in the right barrel a second bird busted out of the tree and flew to the left. That bird stayed in the tree that whole time. Needless to say I was taken off guard by that one!!!

We both had a great day and enjoyed being out in the beautiful weather and cover. What a great way to go into the Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas and God bless from Rosey and I!
IMG_6698.jpeg
IMG_6711.jpeg
IMG_6704.jpeg
Regards - Foxnut