What's on your Fox shopping list???

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
eightbore

Re: What's on your Fox shopping list???

Post by eightbore »

Stan, I revised my post to say that these cases, at least mine, will NOT accommodate 36" barrels. They are about an inch too short. I measured both one barrel and two barrel cases. They may be making a 36" case now, but I don't know that, or who sells them. They are wide enough in the barrel channels to fit eight gauge guns. Maybe Roger will tell us how long the barrel channels are in his case, and his source.
Wild Wings

Post by Wild Wings »

I would love to find an HE that I could hunt ducks with and also a nice 20 bore for grouse that I could afford. Maybe someday....

Wild Wings
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I would like to find an HE 20 . I tried to buy Henry Bartholomew's HE 20, but by the time I replied to Bart's list of Henry's guns for sale, the 20 was gone. I don't know who bought it. Does anyone know?
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

eightbore wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:55 pm Stan, I revised my post to say that these cases, at least mine, will NOT accommodate 36" barrels. They are about an inch too short. I measured both one barrel and two barrel cases. They may be making a 36" case now, but I don't know that, or who sells them. They are wide enough in the barrel channels to fit eight gauge guns. Maybe Roger will tell us how long the barrel channels are in his case, and his source.
For the metrically challenged, as measured by me the barrel channel dimensions are 35.5 inches long and 3.5 inches wide at the chamber end and 2.5 inches wide at the muzzle end. The area dimensions of the stock/receiver end are 23.74 X 6.5 inches. The tie down straps are leather with velcro.

It is a very soft leather covered case and the straps are a bit tight to fasten to the holes as if they have shrunk about 1/4 of an inch, but they are supple and stretch. I think it is the best deal going after looking for about a year.

I got it off of gunbroker and the seller has 4 left. He also has one longer case for a single barrel. You'd have to check the dimensions yourself.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1030130411

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

The single barrel case the fellow advertises is also max 35", like my cases. He is the same guy I bought my cases from years ago.
loggy

Post by loggy »

Eightbore, Would you happen to know the serial number of the Bartholomew gun? I know there was a Becker twenty gauge on the list. It wasn’t listed as an HE and did not have a serial number. I bet it’s a wonderful gun! Thanks John
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

As you know, the Bartholomew HE 20 was listed without a serial number, and Bart has passed away, so the gun is in the wind, or is it? I think I know, but good luck prying it loose.
loggy

Post by loggy »

Eightbore, thank you for your reply. John