training day today

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
vaturkey

training day today

Post by vaturkey »

Annie is now 10 months old. She apparently has rather a rather substantial amount of bootlegger blood in her background because she likes to get out in front of me about 500 yards quite often. That is painful on me in a big big way, because its hard to control a dog you can't see for sure. The trainer told me to pound her with lots and lots of training birds in a controlled environment. For the last two weeks I've been at it. Lots of pen raised Quail and using toe traps on occasion so I can correct her if she crowds the bird. The good news is my little Fox 20 gauge meat gun has performed well and there are a number of Bobwhite in the freezer. The bad news is the bank account is certainly lighter. Couple of pics attached. Annie and of course Old Reliable Sophie. Sophie turns 9 in January and is slowing down a good bit as she has Osteoarthritis. She is limited to one hour hunts and that's fine. At some point I'll be limited to a one hour hunt also. :)
Attachments
20231108_110843.jpg
training day.jpg
44whiskey

Re: training day today

Post by 44whiskey »

that is a beautiful pair of dogs Tom, good luck with Annie and i hope you and Sophie dont slow down too soon ,regards fred
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Great pictures Tom. Sounds like a labor of love.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Great pics of Annie and Sophie!! You’ll have Annie dialed in in know time at all!
Regards - Foxnut